T W E N T Y

We were in the first DADA class of the year, someone had charmed a paper bird to fly around the class.

I sat in the back with a sleeping Draco on my side. When the bird was burnt and the class went silent I hit Draco's arm to wake him up.

"Good morning children," the new professor said from behind the class.

"Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations—she used her wand to write it on the chalkboard—O-W-Ls.
More commonly known as OWLs, Study hard and you will be rewarded, Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe" she said walking down to the front of the class.

She waved her wand and the textbooks behind her began to float towards us, one landing in front of each of us.

"Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven. But you'll be pleased to know, from now on you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved course of defensive magic" she said.

I was looking through the book and realized defensive spells were missing.

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells," Hermione said.

"Using spells? Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom" Umbridge said.

"We're not gonna use magic?" Ron asked.

"You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way," Umbridge said.

"Well, what use is that? If we're gonna be attacked, it won't be risk-free" Harry said.

"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class," Umbridge said raising her tone of voice.

"It is the view of the Ministry that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your examinations which, after all, is what school is all about," Umbridge said.

"And how is theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there," Harry said.

"There is nothing out there, dear, who do you imagine wants to attack children like yourself?" Umbridge said.

"Oh, I don't know, Maybe Lord Voldemort" Harry and I said in Unison.

The class began to whisper around us. Umbridge looked around the class as if she wanted to kill us for mentioning the topic of Voldemort.

"Now, let me make this...quite plain, You have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large once again...This is a lie," Umbridge said.

"It's not a lie" Harry and I said.

"Y/n and I saw him, we fought him," Harry said.

"Detention, Mr Potter" Umbridge said.

"So according to you, Cedric Diggory, dropped dead of his own accord?" Harry said.

"Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident," Umbridge said.

"It was murder! Voldemort killed him, you must know that!" Harry said.

"ENOUGH!" Umbridge yelled.

"See me later, Mr Potter, my office," Umbridge said.

"Right, give him detention because you're too blind to accept that he's back! Lord Voldemort is back! And you're all too ignorant to realize Harry and I are telling the truth" I said

"That's enough from you too Miss Hale," Umbridge said.

"No that's enough from you! Cedric was murdered by Voldemort! Harry was cursed with the Cruciatus curse by Voldemort! We fought him!" I yelled.