3. Festival˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

Requested by - Anonymous
Words - 297

Lemon slumped down on one of the benches. He had in no way wanted to participate in this event, but got dragged by Orange Cookie. He felt hot under his pale blue sweater and wished he was in his cool, air conditioned room, playing video games while ignoring all the commotion outside. He felt droopy and decided to rest his eyes for one, sweet moment . . .

"Lemoooon! Lemon!"

Orange was running up to him, holding two popsicles.

"Lemon, you absolutely have to try these! Here-" She offered him one popsicle, already melting. Lemon gingerly held it and impatiently waited for her to leave so he could take his chance to escape. But Orange was looking at him brightly, eagerly waiting for him to taste it. Lemon sighed. He licked it slowly.

"Well?" Orange chirped.

"Too sweet.", He walked over to the nearest trashcan and popped it in. Landing with a faint thud, he headed for the exit.

"Lemon, wait." Orange said hesitantly.

He looked over surprised, as he's never heard her sound so quiet and sulky.

"I brought you here because I wanted you to have fun. Sorry if . . . If I made you uncomfortable." She sniffed.

Lemon pondered for a moment, then slowly walked towards her.

"True, I don't like this place much. I'd rather be inside." He breathed, "But I really appreciate you thinking of me.", He finished.

Orange smiled weakly and slid her hand into his. Lemon felt himself blush.

"Let's go-"

But her sentence was interrupted when Lemon suddenly fell. The heat finally got to him and he had fainted.

Lemon woke in his room, feeling the cool pressure of a fan placed beside him on a stool. Orange's doing. He smiled and closed his eyes, hoping to sleep peacefully.