Chapter 5: Meeting Pearl The Espeon And Her Family

About 20 minutes later, Hilda and Mom came out of the Gym with the Trio Badge in their cases.

"Hilda!" I exclaimed. "How was the battle?"

"Mom and I won against Chili and Cress." Hilda said.

Then, I noticed that Mom's Snivy looked different. She was a slim bipedal Pokémon that was primarily green with a cream underside, and narrow red eyes. She had a yellow V-shaped structure that starts at the chest and extends behind her shoulders. She had short limbs and a small crest protruding from the back of her head. Three palmate leaves grow along her back and tail. These leaves are capable of performing photosynthesis, but only while they are clean.

"Wow, Mother!" I said. "Your Snivy evolved!"

I pull out my PokéDex and analyze Mom's newly evolved Pokémon.

"Servine, the Grass Snake Pokémon, and the evolved form of Snivy. Servine whips its opponents with vines, and dodges their attacks by hiding in the shadows of thick foliage." My PokéDex told me.

"Wow! A Servine!" I exclaimed.

"Hilda?" I ask her. "Did your Tepig evolve?"

"My Tepig DID evolve, Michael!" Hilda exclaimed, showing me a bipedal, pig-like Pokémon. His chubby body was orange with brown bands around his shoulders, sides, belly, hands, and from the back of his head down his snout. Yellow bands encircle his wrists, and swirled yellow designs bulge from his chest. He has a red pig-like nose, pointed ears, and two pointed teeth that protrude from his lower jaw. His hands had two claws each, while his feet had only a single nail. His tail was curled with a tuft of fur at the tip.

"Wow!" I exclaimed, pulling out my PokéDex to analyze Hilda's newly evolved Pokémon.

"Pignite, the Fire Pig Pokémon and the evolved form of Tepig. Pignite's food converts into fuel for the flame that burns in its stomach, and when fuel burns in its stomach, its speed increases." My PokéDex told me.

"Wow! A Pignite!" I exclaimed, complimenting Hilda.

"Hey Michael!" Mollie said, hugging me. "How was the Gym Battle?"

"We all won, Mrs. Mollie." I answer, showing her my Trio Badge.

"Wow, Hun!" Crystal said in awe. "Your mom's Snivy, Hilda's Tepig, and your Oshawott all evolved!"

"I know, Kris!" I told her. "I feel proud!"

I pulled out my Unova Map and saw that the next Pokémon Gym was in Nacrene City. Just past Route 3.

We all agree to head to Nacrene City to challenge the next Pokémon Gym in Unova.

Shortly after walking through Route 3, I spot another Flareon who had a swirl in its tuff on its head with a tan and green mammalian, quadrupedal Pokémon sobbing next to a cardboard box.

We came to the Flareon and the tan and green Pokémon. "Hey, you two." I said in a soft sincere voice. "What's the matter?"

"Oh Hi, Mr. Trainer." The Flareon greeted me while sobbing. "It's our daughter, Pearl. She isn't breathing."

"Oh no!" I exclaimed. "Where is your daughter?"

"She's inside this box." the tan and green Pokémon told me.

I look inside the box to see an Eevee not moving or breathing. I checked her pulse and did not feel anything. Then, I knew what to do.

"Mrs. Mollie?" I ask her. "Can you find a Max Revive in my bag, please?"

"Sure, Michael." Mollie said, rummaging through my bag.

Eventually, Mollie finds a Max Revive and puts it in my hand. Then, I use the Max Revive on Pearl. A few seconds after using the Max Revive, Pearl starts to wake up. "Huh?" she said, looking at me. "Who are you?"