Double Trouble

Aunt slowed down the car, and parked the car along the side of the road.
"Please not now!", she whispered, loud enough for me to hear it. The car chasing us was the police. They parked their car behind ours. One of the officers came to our car with a strict look, and aunt Jenny lowered the window.
"Ma'am, you must come with us, right now, with no excuses.".
She was sweating. She got out of the car, and left the car door open behind, so we could hear their conservation, but not quite clear. Then, for some reason, we were all made to exit the car. I helped Avery get out, while mom quickly walked to the officer with like a million questions. When we got out, there was a huge mess. Yelling. Sirens. Flashing lights. It was a total nightmare. I squiezed Avery's hand, hoping, for the whole thing to end as soon as possible.

After a while, my mom came up to us, with an upset face. "Mom? What's going on?" I asked. She didn't respond. She ignored me, but I know she heard me. She was on her way to the car. She pulled out a purse, and took out some cards and papers, and gave them to the officer. Wait... Are those... Handcuffs?! Why is he putting them on aunty?! I let go of Avery's hand, and very quickly runned to the police officer.
"Hey! What's going on?! Why are you arresting her?!",
I screamed. He said;
"Listen kid, this is none of your business. Now go back to your mommy, this is nothing you should be included in". Excuse me?! I'm not a fricking kid!
I burst of in anger. Without thinking, I slapped the officer and yelled
"I'm almost eighteen years old, and she is my family member, so I have all the rights to know what did she do wrong!! Because as far as I know, she didn't do anything!!!"
The officer sighed, and said
"Fine, whatever, you can come with us to the police station".
I smiled, then I looked at mother, who was standing near the car, with Avery. I went to them, and my mom told me "Sweetie, it's really brave of you for trying to protect your aunt, but you can't just slap and yell on a police officer! *sigh*, me and Avery will go home, you can go with the officers."
"Okay mom, love you"
"I love you too honey, stay safe"

And so, I entered the police car and sit next to aunty in the back seat. She was sweating as if she was being cooked on a hot stove.
But the thing is, I still don't know what's going on.