chpt. 7

The duo walked to the car, hand in hand. Once standing directly outside the limo, Adrien removed his arm from Marinette's, and opened the door for her. He waited patiently while she crawled in, then he followed behind, slowly.

They sat in the backseat in complete silence. Marinette looked at him with sparkling blue eyes. "You must be wondering why I'm all dressed up?" she asked, smiling as she looked down at her dress.

Before he could respond, Marinette had already started speaking. "Well," she began, "It was your Father's idea for me to dress up nice. I guess it must be an important event because he even got Nathalie to dress up!" Marinette covered her giggles with the back of her hand. Adrien smiled upon hearing the giggles from the girl that sat next to him.

"It really must be that important because knowing Nathalie, she doesn't do dress up, she's always business." Adrien added to Marrinette's earlier comment. Marinette continued to giggle as Adrien continued to mimic Nathalie.

After what felt like twenty minutes, they had finally arrived to where the gala was taking place. They stepped out of the car, and immediately caught eye of the building. It was huge with a grand door displayed in the center. The lights draped around the building lit up the area, it was like little stars on the building. The building from the outside was beautiful, it was a wonder of what it would look like on the inside.

The duo stepped inside. Marinette gasped at the wonderful ball room. It was humongous, with a giant chandelier right in the middle of the ceiling. Tables were set to the side where everyone would be seated and there was a specific place where people would be dancing. There was also a grand staircase in the back of the room. Everyone in the room was chattering about whatever, and Marinette was still shaking under the astonishing room.

Adrien took a quick glance to his left to take in the reaction of the bluenette. He smiled upon seeing her shocked face. "Th-this is beautiful!" Marinette gasped. Adrien chuckled and shrugged slightly. "I guess. I've just been here so many times it's not even that amazing anymore." Marinette turned her head slightly and caught eyes with him.

She smiled. "This time you're not here alone!"

He blushed slightly and before he could say anything, the stage that was to the side lit up and suddenly the host of the gala stood under the spotlight.

"Welcome to the 2019 fashion gala!" His enthusiasm was greeted with many cheers and applauses in the room. "You will see it is a bit different than all the other times, but it's just as great." the man continued with his introduction. Finally, before leaving the stage, he said, "Enjoy yourself tonight!" Then suddenly, the spotlight disappeared and the room erupted with small chatter & clinking of glasses.

"Shall we head to our table?" Adrien asked, holding his hand out for her to grab. Marinette smiled and just as she was about to grab his hand, a voice boomed from the other side of the ball room.

"ADRIKINS!" A tall, slim blonde was rushing her way towards the two. She had a knee length yellow dress on with a black neckline and black heels. For a women in heels, she sure as hell ran fast. As quickly as you could say ABC, she was already by Adrien's side.

She went on her tippy-toes and gave Adrien a French greeting. "Adrikins! I'm so glad to see you here! I thought I would have to attend Daddy's boring party all alone." The girl then brought the back of her hand to her forehead and sighed dramatically.

Adrien cringed. "Hey Chloe," He said non-enthusiastically.

Chloe smiled then looked at the bluenette that stood there, bewildered. "Who's this?" She pointed to Marinette and made a disgusted face.