prologue

"Adrien." His father's voice boomed in the loud, empty room. Said blonde cleared his throat, attempting to stand straight, acting as unafraid as he could in front of his father.

"Yes, father?" his petit voice was barley audible in the echoing room. "What is this?" He asked, his face scrunching in disgust. "You weren't at your photoshoot yesterday, you arrived late to your fencing class and you never even participated in your mandarin lessons!" His voice continued to rise with each word that slipped from his mouth.

Adrien winced. He knew this was bound to end up with him being punished. Most likely another six hour workout. "I-Im sorry father. I'll try to be on time." Adrien squeaked out.

"No, no this will not do. I have given you way to many chances and you never seem to take them seriously." Gabriel said, shaking his head in disapproval. "Really, Adrien. You're twenty-four, you should have better management on time." Adrien only kept his head down, unable to meet his father's, clearly annoyed, eyes.

"You know Adrien," his father started walking out from behind his desk towards his cowering son, "I was once in your position. I was unable to keep track of time, unable to keep track of anything. You know what I did?" He asked, standing right in front of his son, waiting for his reply. "W-what, father?" Adrien asked, worrying he would have to do something that was clearly unnecessary.

"I got myself an assistant."
-
hey guys!! this is my rewrite for this story and i'm SUPER excited for it hehe