Chapter 1: School

It was early in the morning in Gotham city meaning the busy rush was starting up. The streets were already buzzing with cars speeding to work and homes were filled with children and adults getting ready for work and school. However in one house, one very large house, a certain little one hadn't been woken up yet and was peacefully sleeping. But then the little one's bedroom door started to creak open as a nicely dressed man with slicked back hair snuck in. The man creeped closer and closer to an adorable little boy, all wrapped up in his little bed, till the man was right next to him. The man then crouched down and ever so gently began to russell the tiny body in the bed.

"Dick dick dick it's time to get up for school little bird." Bruce whispered gently to his little son.

Dick grumbled a bit as he then woke up but very quickly exchanged his grumble for a smile when he saw his daddy was the one waking him up.

"Good mornins daddy." Dick said sleepily as he reached for his beloved daddy.

"Good morning baby." Bruce said, smiling widely as he scooped up his baby bird tightly in his arms.

The two cuddled each other very lovingly like a father and son should. As they cuddled Bruce couldn't help but be in awe of his son who was absolutely adorable in his cute red footie pajamas and held his stuffed elephant Ollie. Bruce loved his son more than anything in the world even if he wasn't biologically his. Dick was one of the few lights left in his and adopting him was one of the most unexpected but greatest joys of Bruce's life. It helped that the five year old was the most loving, cute, and affectionate child ever to exist, a fact that was not simply a paternal bias. Absolutely everyone thought the little boy was irresistible from close friends to random strangers on the street.

"Did you sleep well baby bird?" Bruce asked with such a softness and gentleness he only reserved especially for Dick.

"*yawn* Yes daddy." Dick yawned still a little tired from patrol the other night.

For the past few months Dick had been Bruce's partner in crime fighting, going under the alias of Robin. He was a very skilled little fighter and his skills as an acrobat certainly helped as well. But while he was very good it didn't help Bruce's overprotective nature at all. His intense love made him very hesitant to allow the little bird to join him in crime fighting but with much training and convincing from Dick he allowed it.

"Good, now come on let's get you ready for school." Bruce said as he kissed Dicks little cheek.

Bruce then gently set Dick down and watched him scamper off to the bathroom to go potty and brush his cute little teeth. Meanwhile Bruce got out Dicks uniform which consisted of cute little grey short shorts, a long sleeved white button up, a little mini black tie, and a little black sweater vest with Dicks school Emblem, Gotham Academy.

Gotham Academy was the safest, highest education, and best private school in all of Gotham. It had all the latest technology, best learning techniques, the most highly qualified teachers, and most importantly had the best security measures that were approved even by daddybats himself. You see just before Dick was enrolled Bruce had been adamant about homeschooling him. He would constantly claim no school was safe enough, good enough, and just about any excuse that would mean keeping Dick at home. However after much insisting on Alfreds part and the discovery of the overprotective parent paradise Gotham Academy Bruce agreed to let Dick go to school.

"Ok daddy I'm done!" Dick squealed as he ran up to his daddy.

"Let me smell your breath." Bruce said encouragingly as he kneeled down to his son's level.

Dick happily opened his mouth and Bruce gave a light smell.

"Ahhh minty fresh, now let's get dressed." Bruce said with a light smile.