01

Summer just started and the school semester has ended. It was already dusk when we arrived at my cousin's house. I was excited to spend my vacation with Mina, she's my favorite person ever and if we were not related to each other I would gladly ask her on a date. Just kidding, I'm not into girls but I respect the same-gender relationship.

Anyway, I am Sana. Fourteen years of age and known as the clumsiest girl in town. Every summer, I always came to this place. Peaceful and relaxing with its fresh air.

While I was taking my stuff, I noticed a young man riding his bike. He saw me and winks at me. I then feel Mina's finger as she pokes my side.

"I think he likes you," she said.

"Like, I care," I said and rolled my eyes at her then glanced at the guy earlier. He stopped in front of a big house and opened the gate. That's where he lives I guess—next to Mina's house—while we headed into my cousin's house.

The following days were fun. Right now, we were outside the neighborhood. I'm currently learning to ride a bike with Mina's help when the same guy from the other days approaches us.

"Hi!" He said while grinning as he stopped in front of us. I just look at him 'til I felt Mina nudging my side, signaling to greet him back.

"Hey," I greet back and glared at my cousin who seems to enjoy something.

"So, Uhm...Mina, why don't you introduce me to this lady?" The man asked.

"Hmm... Tzuyu, this is my cousin—Sana—and she doesn't have a boyfriend-" Mina said and I quickly cut her off by pinching her side.

"What?" She asked as she looks at me.  "Anyway, this is Tzuyu, he lives next door," Mina continues.

"Hi, Sana. It's nice to meet you," Tzuyu beamed and extended his hand.

"Likewise," I replied expressionlessly but did not shake with his hand. Who knows what or where it landed—if you know what I mean.

As if reading my thoughts, he chuckled and spoke.

"My hands were clean, I always bring hand sanitizer with me," he said and pulled a small spray from his pocket and sprayed his hand. "See?"

"Come on, cousin! It's not like you guys will start dating when you shake his hand," Mina whispered and pointed to his waiting hand.

With my penguin cousin urging me, I accepted Tzuyu's hand and he started asking stuff to keep a conversation 'til my lovely cousin excused herself in need to use the restroom ditching me with this Tzuyu guy. He then offered to teach me cycling and guided me 'til I managed to keep my balance on the bike.
.
.
.
"I see you are a fast learner, Sana." He commented with a smile. He is fairly cute especially when his dimple shows up.

"Thanks," I said avoiding his gaze.

"Why you seem so uncomfortable around me? I won't do anything horrible to you. I swear," He said and leaned closer as he gazed at my lips.

"What are you doing?" I asked nervously.

"You know what? I think you'll look better when you smile," He said, cups my cheeks, and made me smile.

"There, always wear a smile even when you're having a hard time," He said before he moved to his bike.

Since that day, we became friends. He is really nice and gentleman. I like him. Every afternoon, he will come to Mina's house and we'll have a little bonding until one night he confessed his feelings while we are strolling over the river. That time, I don't know what I exactly feel. I'm not ready to enter something I'm not sure about so I said no.