09

Tzuyu's Pov

It has been days since Xiao's revelation about her deeds five years ago. I still don't want to do any interaction with her at the moment although she has apologized and even vows to make amendments to the problem she created. I just couldn't come up with a reason to believe her anymore. 

As for Sana, she's been avoiding me ever since they moved into the house and she became distant even more because of my stupid action the same night when I came home drunk. And now she couldn't even look at me as if she was disgusted with my presence.

Every time I try to talk to her she will quickly move somewhere we can't be alone together. It's so frustrating. Well, I can't blame her for that.

Right now, she was out in the kid's park with Nayeon-noona and Summer while I was left in the house re-repenting my previous action towards Sana.

Letting out a deep sigh, I then look at their picture on the wall and smiled bitterly with a lot of regrets in mind. Why didn't I thought about the possibility of her getting pregnant back then? If I knew about all of this I should have stayed with her and will be the one in the picture with her and Summer, not my half-brother. I should be the one my little girl is calling dad rather than being addressed as her uncle.

Approaching the hanging frames, I then took one of them and touches the image of Sana hugging our daughter. She looks beautiful as ever. I missed her so bad but all I could do is watch her.

As I was staring at the picture, Chaeyoung spoke from behind.

"You still love her, don't you?" He asked while leaning on the door frame with his hands in his pocket.

"It never changes one bit," I replied with all honesty and put the picture back from where it was placed.

"Hmm," He hummed as he walks in my direction. Standing next to me, he then looks at the pictures as well and taps my shoulder as he resumed talking.

"You know what? I was so jealous of you back then because you got her heart while I have to remain as her friend. It hurts so bad, however, I supported her decision and be happy for her because that was the best way I could stay close to her rather than leaving her side..." Chaeyoung paused as he observed my reaction.

"Then the following year, we found out she got pregnant and you were out of reach by that time. I was so mad at you for leaving her at that state. I've never seen her like that in my entire life 'til that very moment. Sana was so fragile so...vulnerable. She lost everything. Her family disowned her simply because she couldn't bring them the baby's dad, they took away her cousin as well who's helping her, she became homeless and her sanity was becoming likely unstable that she almost killed herself depressed that she didn't know what to do with her life and the baby all alone." Chaeyoung explained.

Sighing, he then resumed talking. "That's when I decided to take all the responsibility without knowing you are my brother. I promised to take care of her whatever it cost because I love her. I love Sana so so much even though she only sees me as a friend back then and I waited... I waited 'til we became more than that. I don't know what has happened to you in the past five years that leads you to this situation you are in right now, but I hope you respect Sana's decision." He added before he finally back off.
.
.
.
Later that day, the girls came home and I met Sana's gaze as she walks in the door. I don't know what was with those brown doe eyes but the way she looks at me is telling she wanted to say something I couldn't comprehend. There's softness in them, way different from her usual cold stare.

I don't know what has happened in the park that day but when they returned later on, Sana became less savage and she's now relaxed being around with me though she still won't talk unless I'm the one who initiated it.

I want us to be on good terms, get her to trust me again and I don't want to ruin it with my impulsive action. If I have to put a lot of effort and patience to get what I want then I will.

I started strengthening my bond with my daughter and as weeks passed by, I noticed that Sana was getting closer to me as well just like where when we started.
.
.
.
Right now, we were currently in the living room. It's just the three of us in the house and our princess is having her afternoon nap while my siblings were out.

I noticed that Sana keeps on stealing glances at me while playing with her hands. A habit I am very much aware of her when she did something or when she wanted to say something.

"Go on, say it," I said that quickly made her look at me. "I know you wanted to say something," I added.

"Hmm, I now knew the truth." She said and looks at me sadly. I was a bit confused about her words 'til she elaborated the details more and even apologize.

"You don't have to say sorry to me, I am at fault as well. I didn't think about the possible outcome after what happened to us that night." I said as I looked at her and I saw a lone tear fell on her cheek.

Quickly, I moved closer to her and wipe her tear away with my thumb.

"Hush, none of us want this to happen. We were just victims of the situation." I said and pulled her head to my chest as she cried.

"There's one thing I am sure of and that is I love you and I still did. Nothing change about it Sana. It's still you that I want and I am willing to give up everything I have if that means having you back." I confess and cups her cheeks.

Meeting my gaze, I saw hope in her brown doe eyes. I know, I can tell that she feels the same—she is still in love with me.

"Do you want to take this chance with me, Sana?" As I finally let those words slipped my lips, she began sobbing.

"You still love me, right? We can be happy together—with our daughter, just come with me." I said as I held both of her hands.

"Tzuyu, I... I can't." She said and avoided my gaze while her tears were now falling nonstop.

"You still love me, so why not?" I asked.

"I just can't." Her voice cracked as she speaks.

"I am ready to run away with you and take my responsibility for everything. Then what's the problem?" I said and was being cut when she snapped. 

"I'm getting married!"

A/n: Sorry for the delay. Love y'all. Please leave a comment below to let me know your thoughts about this chapter. 😊

See you in the next updte... Ciao!