12

(EDITED)
The day was clear and sunny, with absolutely nothing to do. Soobin continued to munch on his tasteless salad, he wished he was able to eat properly but this is what happens when you don't let yourself go. He knew that he had to learn how to stop overthinking about how he looks like and that there were no more people that would call him fat or the ugly member.

There was no one to compare him to.

"Finish quickly, lets go out today instead of staying here and doing nothing," Yeonjun says pouring a cup of cold water for Soobin.

"Where?" Soobin asks placing his fork back down, he didn't want to eat anymore of this boring green lefts. Yeonjun sat down in front of him leaning his chin on his palm, "Why do you have to ask? You want to get out of here don't you?" Yeonjun asks.

"I'm too lazy to change again" Soobin lets out. "Then don't change this time, i'm sure a mask and something else will be fine" Yeonjun tells. Soobin felt hesitant about the offer, he did want to go outside and do something fun but he felt worried that someone might notice him.

"Fine"...

A slight smile appeared on Yeonjun face as he stood back up, "Let me see what I can do for you not be recognizable" he says turning his back towards Soobin and walking out of the kitchen. Soobin picks up the cold drink of water and takes a drink of the refreshing liquid.

----

Yeonjun felt the same sensation of people watching him when he entered the huge building, even though he was already here yesterday. He felt even more scared since he wasn't fully dressed in disguise, he was just wearing a black mask and a simple cap that wasn't much help. He felt like he was being watched and judged. His hands began to shake feeling the stares dig into his skin burning his cold and pale skin.

He felt cold sweat start dripping down his forehead, he felt a cold and frightening breeze got him making goosebumps occur on his skin. But suddenly a warmth enters contact with him. He looked over at the source and sees that Yeonjun was holding his hand giving it a small squeeze assuring him that he was going to be fine. He felt the spark appear on his heart again as Yeonjun threw him a small smile.

Yeonjun made the next move to lock their fingers together. "Come on" Yeonjun says walking while holding onto Soobin's hand tightly afraid that the younger boy was going to let go. He took Soobin near a public skating rank, "What are we doing here?" Soobin asks tugging Yeonjun arm. "I heard you wanted to learn how to skate" Yeonjun says turning to look at Soobin.

Soobin felt like he said that once but he didn't know exactly where, "Where did you hear that?" He asks knitting his eyebrows. "Um...I-...I just saw an interview where you said that" Yeonjun says stuttering his words. Soobin felt surprised that Yeonjun would still watch him even after he left. He still watched his interviews.

Yeonjun bites his lips nervously as he continues walking, Soobin was still in a state of shocked and surprised as he moved his legs to follow Yeonjun who was still holding his hand. He felt a warmth spread around his chest and he felt his face becoming warm. Thankfully the mask was covering half of his face so that Yeonjun or anyone around them would notice.

Soobin watched as adults were holding their kids hand while skating around the rank. Yeonjun was right Soobin always wanted to learn how to skate but he never had the time to learn or even try because of his schedule. He watched teens laughing with their friends as they fell or trip, the couples holding hands and having huge smiles on their faces.

He would have probably experienced that if he never left. Enjoying the innocent moments with love and laughter. He didn't notice how bad he wasted it all, he threw all of these beautiful things for dreams that were masks to the reality.

The guilty feeling was loading inside him again, he felt ungrateful that Yeonjun sacrificed so much for him but he decided to leave. This is the life he would have had if he never abandoned Yeonjun, he wouldn't be overthinking or criticizing himself. He would have been in perfect condition, physically and mentally.

"Are you okay?" Yeonjun asks towards the blank boy. Soobin turns to look at the older boy and gives him a simple nod. Soobin didn't even notice that Yeonjun already rented the ice skates. He also didn't even know that Yeonjun was still holding on to his hand this whole time.

"Sit down and put them on," Yeonjun says pulling Soobin softly towards the benches that were close to them. But instead of handing the pair of ice stakes to Soobin for him to put it on himself, Yeonjun kneeled in front of Soobin helping him.

Soobin was taken back as he got startled and tried to protest but Yeonjun threw him a stare that indicated that it was fine. Soobin quickly became timid as he watched Yeonjun help him.

After finishing one shoe Soobin quickly stopped Yeonjun telling him that he will do the last one alone. Yeonjun moves back and sits down next to him putting on his own ice skate shoes. When the boys finished Yeonjun got up helping Soobin on his way to the rank grabbing on his hand and intertwining their fingers together.
__________