Chapter 1; "Monday"

7:24 A.M.

That's the time I see on my alarm as soon as my eyes open slowly. After I let the alarm have it's fun in beeping, I slam my fist on the snooze button, stopping the sound from continuing any further.

A small groan escaped my mouth once I realized that it was Monday. I slapped my forehead once I realized that I had to go to school. The only place I hate as much as I hate my home. Unfortunately, I had no other choice but to go.

I dragged myself out of bed, motioned my way towards the bathroom, and ran the shower.

After I finished my usual bathroom routine, I went back to my room and began getting dressed.

Getting dressed was never a problem for me. I only have but so much clothes, pants, or shoes. My parents never buy me decent clothes. The clothes that I have, they've either stole them from a thrift shop or was their own from a long time ago. I look at other kids and how their parents dress them, and I automatically become envious. Not only is that sad, it's heart-breaking to see how much their parents provide for them and my parents won't give me the time of day.

However, I sucked it up, picked out my outfit, and continued getting ready for school.

I began fixing my hair shortly after getting dressed. I kind of like my hair . It's long, black, and wavy. Kind of like a dark ocean flowing down to my shoulders. However, I just wish my hair could be like how white girl's hair is, long , beautiful, and easy to come through. Not like my kinky waves.

After I finish preparing for the day ahead, I grab my backpack, and quietly headed downstairs, only to find my parents both sleeping on top of each other on the couch. By the aroma in the air, and the burnt blunts on the floor, they were definitely smoking marijuana last night.

I rolled my eyes, and made my way to the door. My parents are known for being complete drug addicts. Ever since I was little, my father started dealing and my mom was right by his side dealing with him. Drugs screwed them up so bad. It hurts me that I have to live the life I live because of the choices they made.

Once I stopped pondering about my dysfunctional life, I finally leave and catch my bus, heading to a new day of teasing, bullying, and neglect. Hooray for me.