Chapter 4; "Messy Room"

After school, I slowly made my way home, because I was in no rush to get home to my crackhead parents or a house that smells like a drug den.

On the way, I couldn't stop thinking about Mr. Jackson. He was kind. He was gentle. He was different.

He treated me so nicely. It feels weird to be treated nice by someone when your so used to being neglected all the time. It's really weird of him to be so sincere to me. I'm really not sure about him.

Once I got home, I walked right into an instance slap to the face from my mother, causing me to fall to the ground covering my face.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?" I, screamed.

"Your a disgusting little bitch, you know that? I waked into your room this morning and it was a total mess!" She, yelled.

I gave her the most disgusted look ever. You slap me senseless because my room is messy? What drug is she off of now? Cocaine? Meth? Heroin?

"BITCH GET YOUR FLITHY ASS UP AND GO TO YOUR ROOM! I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR UGLY, DIRTY ASS FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT!" She, yelled as she kicked my book bag out of the way and stormed off.

As soon as she was gone, I slowly got up and picked my book bag up with tears in my eyes waiting to flow down my cheeks. While I was picking my stuff up, I noticed that my dad was sitting in the corner watching me the entire time. I stopped in the midst of what I was doing and stared back at him with a questionable look.

He bit his bottom lip, looked me up and down and exited the room. He's always looking at me like that. He just stares at me and doesn't say a word. It's like he watches my every move. It's sad to feel so uncomfortable around your own father.

I ran upstairs to my room, fell in bed, and let the tears stain my pillow as much as it could. Some teardrops stung me by sliding down the cheek where my mom slapped me. Once I've started crying, I couldn't stop. Mom didn't even come to see me to admit she was wrong for slapping me when I did nothing. I was just alone. Deserted from everything and everyone.

Hence, the reason why it's so hard for me to accept love.