Chapter 17: Our Chorus Came Out Unrehearsed

-MacKenzie-

After Danielle told me her plan, we walked downstairs and into her living room where Ryan and Jamie were with who I'm assuming their mom.

"Hey, guys," Danielle said, walking into the room, looking at them, "Can I talk to you for a minute?" They nodded and she raised her eyebrows, "Outside."

"Sure," Ryan said, confused as he and Jamie stood up and followed us outside. We sat on the porch in a little circle and Danielle told them what she told me.

"MacKenzie's already agreed to teach me how to play guitar, I just need the time Nash and I would normally take to sing our song to be just me onstage," she finished.

Ryan shook his head, "Not happening."

"Why not?"

"I told you from the beginning that I wasn't happy about you two dating and what he did tonight just made it obvious I should have done more to stop you."

Danielle rolled her eyes, "Ryan, we would have found a way to date even if you had tried to stop us. If he thinks me singing a song is my way of apologizing for something I never did, he needs to reevaluate some things."

"So why are you wanting to do this then?" Jamie asked.

"I'm not going down without a fight," she grinned mischievously, "And I know the prefect way to do it."

~

-Ryan-

*Two weeks later*

"I can't. I told Danielle I'd teach her how to play guitar today," I told the guys when they asked if I wanted to hang out.

"I was supposed to teach her," Nash mumbled.

"Yeah, well, you kinda fucked that one up," Jamie said harshly. Nash looked at Jamie like he was going to say something, but I saw his eyes move to look behind me. I turned around and saw Danielle walking down the stairs.

"Hey, Ry. I'm ready to test out your wonderful teaching skills," I heard the sarcasm in her voice.

"Very cute, Danielle" I replied.

"Isn't that what you called it?" she smirked. She finally noticed Ian and Nash standing in the room and squeaked, "Keaggy! I haven't seen you in forever!"

She trotted over to him and hugged him as he chuckled, "Well, that kind of happens when you've been avoiding us."

"I'd hardly say I'm avoiding you." Nash laughed lightly, but she ignored him and continued, "I just haven't felt the need to be around certain people you call your friends."

"I'm standing right here," Nash said.

"Really? I didn't notice," she shot back.

"Guys!" Jamie interrupted, "Please."

"So what are you doing here?" she asked, turning back to Ian.

"We were wondering if RK and Jamie wanted to hang out today, but apparently, RK's using his wonderful teaching skills to teach you how to play guitar," he answer, laughing.

"Why don't you go hang out with them?" she asked me.

"I promised I'd teach you how to play," I said.

"It's cool," she shrugged, "I'll just call MacKenzie and ask him to work with me on it today." I saw Nash's face drop as a look of hurt replaced his expression.

"You sure?" I asked.

She nodded, "Yup. I know nothing MacKenzie can teach me can be compared to what you would, but I'll just have to make it work."