story

this is heavily based upon the song "story" by nf (the video above). he just dropped it in his new "clouds" mixtape and it's such a cool storyline that i just had to convert it to tommyinnit angst lol.

also just here to mention that although most of my other oneshots have taken place on the smp, this one takes place in real life.

AND THIS IS IMPORTANT: i will be writing from tommy's perspective for this one!! i normally don't write like that but for this oneshot it makes the most sense.

content/trigger warning: underage buying of cigarettes, theft, guns/gunshots, murder, blood, panic, anxiety, screaming

----------------------------------------------------------

i woke up from my nap. i was so tired of life and i just needed to rest for a while, but now i felt gross. what time was it?

7:04pm.

i sat up from my bed, and felt a headache pulse through my head. i groaned, and reached over to my bottle of excedrin on my night table only to find that it was empty. i must've finished it but forgotten to get more. oh well. life is pain, right?

i grabbed my phone off of my desk and went to open reddit. i browsed through seeing nothing interesting and just ended up staring at my phone with a blank and dead stare.

i gotta get out of here. i need air.

i walked out of my bedroom and down the hall only to find my older brother wilbur sprawled over our sitting room sofa, asleep. at a towering height of 6'5, he looked a mess, with piercing black eyes and his curls all greasy from sweat and lack of cleaning it. beside him napped our roommate, jonathan. well, wilbur's roommate i guess. i didn't like him. we didn't call him jonathan though, to us and everyone he knew, it was schlatt.

schlatt looked equally as terrible, if not worse. schlatt was 6'3, and terrifying. his sick shirt was wrinkled and stained, and he rank of alcohol. even though he lived in me and wilbur's house, he didn't pay a penny of rent. he just wasted the space of my late parents once beautiful home. schlatt claimed he was broke, but i don't believe him. he's a sketchy guy, a perfect friend for my sketchy brother. schlatt also claimed that he dabbles in real estate a bit, but i just think he sells drugs.

i shook my head at the sickening sight of the two friends and quietly grabbed my things and left the house. i walked along my driveway and hopped into our old station wagon to go for a drive. i turned it on and realized that the gas tank was almost empty.

of course it was.

i sighed as i pulled out of the driveway to go to the gas station. hopefully i wouldn't run out of gas before i made it there.

i managed to have enough in my tank to make it to the pump, where i filled up its starved tank. i remembered then that i needed to get more cigarettes. they helped keep my mind steady, and they were calming to smoke when i was stressed or anxious.

or numb.