Chapter-Four

Drapetomania (n.)

An overwhelming urge to run away

Amelia POV:

I'm woken up by the sun's warmth hitting my face. I check the time and it's 10 in the morning groan not wanting to get up. I slowly start getting up and head to the bathroom to pee. After using the bathroom I wash my hands and start getting ready for the day I change into blue ripped jeans with a black long sleeve crop top and thigh-high heel boots.

I curl my hair and put on makeup to cover the hickeys I'll take them off later I have to go to work. I put on my leather jacket and put my phone in my bag. I head downstairs to the living room to see my mother drinking her tea.

"Morning mom"

"Morning sweetheart I've been meaning to talk to you"

"About"

"About meeting your fiancé"

"You mean Atticus"

"Yes as your father told you you will be meeting him Friday and today your father going to go over the contract with you today"

"Ok" I say walking out

"Amelia" My mother voice stops me making me turn around to face her

"Yeah"

"Please sweetheart just go by the rules don't trying fighting it"

"Why would I fight it"

"Just don't for everyone's sake don't" I look at her confused as she walks out of the living room.

I check the time on my app watch and it's nearly one I have to leave. I start heading to the front door but was stopped by Dorian's voice "Where are you going" he questions.

"Out" I say walking away but before I could reach the door nob he grabs me by the back of my neck with one hand and the other to pin me against the door "Watch your tone or I swear to god Amelia" he threatens."What are going to do huh we both know I can easily take you" I say almost spitting in his face.  "You can't take me" he said so confidently so I knee him in the balls which causes him to let me go and I punch him in the face making him fall to the floor.

"You should be more careful of what you say" I say walking out closing the door behind me. I walk to my car and start the engine and drive to Starbucks I haven't gone for three days and that the longest I've gone without it for the past 3 years.

I get my drink and head to my father's building. It's Tuesday so he a CEO today not a mafia leader. I park my car outside of the building and get off. I haven't been to the company for months it's a black building that has 60 floors and the walls are all glass. I walk in and slide my card to get in and head to the elevator. I press the button to the top floor while going up I got a text. I check who it is and it's my assistant.

We found out where Oscar Diaz has been staying.

Thank you for telling me have Carlos send all the pictures he took yesterday.

I text her back and I get another text and it's from Carlos he sends the pictures he took of Oscar Diaz yesterday. The elevator doors open and I'm greeted by the lady at the front desk. I smile at her and head to my dad's office. I knock and open the door he typing on the computer he takes his eyes off the computer "Amelia what are you doing here".

"You need to show me the contract"

"What contact"

  "The contract you arrange my marriage"