~seeing the girlfriends~

Chapter 5

Me and sienna entered the room of hungry teens. I asked where she normally sat and she said on her own near the trash. I felt so bad again like she said about doing josh's homework. I was going to make her school life better.

We sat next to each other on an empty table and I watched her eat as I didn't want anything.

That's when I saw them, the girls who hang with jadens group. By their entrance, acting like they ruled the school and the fact that one kissed Bryce another talked with josh and the last sat on jadens lap I could tell who they were. Addison, nessa and mads, let's stay away from them too.

Jaden turned to look over at my direction so I jolted my head away and chatted with sienna. "So that's the 'girlfriends' you meant," she nodded and we looked over again and now all of them were staring at us like they were talking about us or something. Then jaden pushed mads of him and walked over. I told my new best friend to go wait at our lockers and I would be there in a sec.

She stood up quick and sped away. I was about to get up when I felt his hand wrap around my shoulder, pushing me back down to sit next to him.

"You sounded hot in class and you were so passionate in what you were saying, it was sexy." He said after lifting the side of my hood not to see my face but to whisper in my ear in a seducing voice. His warm breath made my heart race but I snapped out of it and slapped his hand away and removed his other from holding my shoulder. "Feisty i see," he smirked and I stood up. But before leaving i bent down and did the same as what he did to me, two can play at that game. My lips skimmed his ear and I whispered softly back, "you don't know half of it, go back to your girlfriend pretty boy."

I left, leaving him stunned and met sienna at our lockers. "What took you so long?" She asked, "just putting Jaden in his place, I'm not obsessed with him like mads and most girls here." She chuckled at what I said and questioned how I could be so brave and stand up to them.

"I'm not brave trust me, I was scared shitless. But you can't show them you are or they will just keep annoying you. You have to put on a act of courage." As I kept talking I felt more stupid. I was so strong at school but as soon as I got home I turned into the person I was saying not to be. How hypocritical, but then I thought again and remember I can't stand up to my mom. I have nowhere else to go, no other family or anything and no money whatsoever. I was trapped and when I turn 18 I will be thrown to the streets.

"Y/n?" Woah how long was I zoned out for in my thoughts. I looked to see sienna still in front of me. "Oh sorry, what were we talking about?" I said focusing again. "I said thanks for the advice and we need to go to class" I nodded and headed to maths.

The whole lesson, I was thinking about it. It made me realise I was doomed. Where was I going to go then she ditched me? I only have a year left, will she let me stay? Of course not and why would you want to, all she does is hurt me I'm better of without.

I only came back to my senses when the bell rang to indicate the end of the day. I shook it off and left the school walking past jaden making out with a random girl on the way. I wasn't surprised, but what about mads?

Now, I was home and did my normal jobs and headed to my room after eating my dinner and by that I meant toast and a banana. Note to self: you need to go shopping tomorrow. I watched some Netflix until it was midnight and became suspicious of my mother's whereabouts. She was normally home by now even if she was drunk.

I shrugged it off and tried to sleep but just as I felt my eyelids flutter close, the front door opened...