Chapter 13 | Perilous |

per·il·ous

/ˈperələs/ adjective

1. full of danger or risk.

__________________________________

well, seems accurate enough. george definetly was far from safe. luckily he managed to get home safely because his sent was covered by clays. no matter how much george tried to convince him he would be fine, nothing worked. clay knew how vampires got, and after what happened there was no way he was leaving george alone that night. it made him so nervous that even hours into the night where the sun was rising once again, the situation never left his mind. he couldn stay with george forever but he knew he had to do something. leaving george in a mess like this would surely get him killed.

when george woke up later in the day, he didnt wake to the usual cozyness of clay next to him and was instead alone in his room. he frowned missing the scent and comfort of clay immidetly, shifting uncomfortably in bed for a few minutes before deciding to get up and look for him. he wandered out of the room and down the stairs looking for clay, but he was nowhere to be found. there no trace of him was left behind either. he looked all around the house, inside and out before coming to the conclusion he must have left while he was asleep. it was weird though, clay never left without letting george know, so it was strange why this was any different.

he decided it would be best to look for him, with everything going on clay must be as stressed as george. he drove all the way to his house early in the morning with the mission to find him. after he pulled up into the driveway, he approached the big wooden door not even bothering to knock and just let himself in. he wandered around before coming up the stairs, only to be greeted by a circle of people in the living room. everyone and clay were there talkng around the coffee table with papers, and pens scattered everywhere on the table and floors. they looked tense and mentally drained. most of their hair was messy, some even looked like they hadnt slept in days.

his prensense finally got noticed when he looked at karl, seeing his eyes meet his gaze. "george?" he finally spoke, grabbing everyones attention to what he was looking at. "hi.. i uhm- couldnt find you clay so i looked in the only place i thought youd be." he says as he clears his throat. "whats, uhm all this..?" he questioned in uncertainty. slowly walking over to the group hunched over the table. "i hope im not interupting anything." he added. "were actually talking about you." clay hesistated before finishing. "oh?" he looked confused by the sudden change. "we need to figure out this whole jack situation, soon hes gonna find out where you live or maybe even go to techoblade, or even the whole syndicate." he stated. when george heard about techno his face immidatly dropped. he had heard enough about him to know he shouldnt be messed with, let alone by a human.

toby must have noticed this because he quickly said, "thats why were doing all of this, too keep you safe." "george your family now, we wouldnt want anything bad happening to our family." bad added on. it was sweet, truely it was, but a group of vampires against a empire? the odds werent good of their half, and i think everyone knew it too.

"have you guys been here long enough to think of a plan?" george questioned sitting down next to nick. "actually yes, i just hope it goes the way it's supposed to." wilbur chimed in.

"...well? what is it?"
"the idea is we lead your scent somewhere down to maybe just barely outside of the city, and until he leaves to go after it, you'd be staying here for a few days." he says rubbing his hands together.

"i'm not even safe in my own home?" he sighed in defeat.

"...i'm sorry george."
____________________________________

"toby, tommy, wilbur, darryl, and karl, i need you to get a few things from george's closet and run to the outsides of the city. when you get there, burn his clothes to leave the scent there with no other trace." clay says putting on shoes by the door. "you mean right now?" tommy asked carefully. "yes. the longer we wait, the more likely he'll find george." me, nick and karl are going to get firewood to burn off his scent around the house."

as they drove off in the car, only karl, alex, nick, clay and george were left near the house. "george and alex i need you guys to stay inside while we go out. he needs a protector at all times, just in case." he says with a sad smile before heading off to the woods. "do we just stay here then?" george turned to face alex who was picking at his nails, not even listening to the conversation at hand. "that's what clay said, and i don't feel like dying doing otherwise so..." he trails off to silence.

"i need to grab a few things from my house a bit down the road, could you take me? i doubt clay would let me drive by myself." george says tugging alex's hand away from his face. "fine."
" ya know your so needy all the time, my god you probably get it from clay." he returns.

"not my fault i'm under 24/7 surveillance now."

___________________________________

they were driving with little to minimum talking. there wasn't good music playing either all throughout the 10-15 minute drive to george's house, so you could tell there was awkward tension.

"come pick me back up in 1/2 an hour. don't go back home. clay will hear you pull back in most likely without me. better to be safe than sorry." george finishes shutting the door and heading inside. in all honesty he probably wanted alone time before spending the next week surrounded by people he didn't know or like that well. it was a huge change in scenery to say the least.

he picked up things he might need from his room and bathroom, mostly the necessity's for vacation, except this wasn't a vacation. it was a suicide mission he was trying to avoid. he grabbed clothes, toiletries, his laptop, and school bag. he grabbed another backpack to put all his stuff in which was hard cause there was so much of it. when he was looking around for stuff he might need he decided to grab earbuds for those sleepless nights he might experience.

he put them in an decided to play a tune while he packed, getting close to finishing as the 1/2 an hour was almost up. he closed the bag and put his earbuds back in when he felt a swift chill breeze pass through his body.

"why hello again."
___________________________________
.*• 1129 words •*.
hello! i wanted to let you guys know that uploads are gonna most likely be every 2-3 weeks, as i have school and other things to do as well. i hope you understand and like this chapter!! i'd love to hear your theories in the comments :]