Chapter Nine: Paranormal Activity

“Everybody look the big bad wolf has shown up. Two hours after school has begun.” Harley announces as I stand in front of the guys as they lean against the wall of the school. 

“Shut up and pass me the smoke.” I growl snatching the cancer stick out of Harley’s mouth while running a hand over my face. 

“What took a shit in your bed this morning?” Callum asks in an amused tone.

“Ava.” I growl out her name, swatting Ryker’s hand away from the cigarette. 

“Oh fighting already?” Diesel snickers as I glare at him.

“She said her mom died that’s why she’s here and then I fucking apologized-“

“Hold up, hold up, hold up.” Harley interrupts holding up his hand. 

“You apologized?” Ryker asks looking as shocked as the rest of the guys.

“Yes.”

“Were you forced?” 

“High?”

“Drunk?” Harley, Callum and Diesel ask, one after the other.

“No I just did it.” I frown lighting another smoke before passing it around. 

“You willingly apologized just because.” Diesel repeats slowly.

“Yes and she acted awkward and weird and I don’t know.” I shrug scratching the back of my neck.

All the boys look at me in surprise as they sit and listen to my explanation in silence. No one says anything, the cigarette just gets passed around as they continue to look at me. 

I let out a laugh as they continue to stare at me but it’s cut off when a throat is cleared behind me. Inhaling from the cigarette I turn around and come face to face with some guy in a suit. 

“Mr O’Connell and friends.” 

“Dude I don’t know.” I respond with a nod.

“I am the vice principal of this school.” He replies looking a bit offended.

“Again, dude I don’t know.” I repeat, ignoring his comment.

“You five are all going on detention.” He announces pulling out detention slips. 

“Hey what did we do?” Harley questions.

“You are all smoking and littering on school grounds.” He declares.

“You can’t prove shit.” Diesel scoffs looking bored like the rest of us.

“Yeah man guilty until proven innocent.” Ryder exclaims puffing his chest out.

“It’s innocent until proven guilty you idiot.” Callum groans while hitting Ryker on the back of his head.

“And for abuse against another student.” The dude adds as Ryker pushes Callum away to stand next to him.

“Yeah finally some justice.” Ryker crosses his arms nodding to the vice principal.

“Harley shut the fuck up.” Callum scoffs. 

“What did I do?” Harley asks as he looks at Callum in confusion.

“Oh fuck, I mean Ryker.” Callum laughs along with Diesel and I. 

“And the use of foul language.” He continues making me roll my eyes. 

“Give it break and just hand over the fucking slip.” I glare at him, watching in amusement as his eyes widen slightly.