𝐬 𝐞 𝐯 𝐞 𝐧

σκανδάλη (Trigger)

σκανδάλη (Trigger)

I paced back and forth the library waiting for him to arrive. I instinctively glanced at the watch on my wrist. It was already about 15 minutes past eight. Mr. Alexander was observing me with a curious look.

"Bella, dear, come sit down. You're making me dizzy with all the pacing around." He says, pointing to the chair in front of him.

I pull out the chair, causing a screech sound which earned me a few 'shhs' from some of the students. Mr. Alexander gently hit the wooden table with his knuckles to bring me to his attention.

"He's not going to bite you, child. Rio's a pretty decent boy, despite his reputation gossiped among the halls. And he's really good at what he does, you have a high chance of winning the competition." He quietly says.

I sigh, "I know, I know. I'm just nervous and—"

Before I could complete my sentence, Rio walked in the library, head held high, his presence immediately met with attention as the students' heads perked up at his entrance. He changed from his dark green sweatshirt to a black one. He looked around until he spotted Mr. Alexander and me.

I couldn't look him in the eye so I focused my attention back to Mr. Alexander. I heard the chair beside me being pulled out, as he took his seat. Mr. Alexander greeted him with a nod before teasingly smiling at me, which earned a glare from me.

I love Mr. Alexander but right now he was being a pain in the ass.

"I'll leave you two to it then. I'm not supposed to be discussing anything related to the project with any of the students. It's already worse I know both of you so well. If they ever find out I was involved in your project, I'd get kicked out from the board." He pretends to shudder, "What a terrible thing to think about. Have fun you two." He smirks then leaves.

The uncomfortable silence is killing me and I quickly scramble my brain for some sort of ice breaker but he beats me to it.

"Hades."

"What?"

"I want to do the project based on the myth of Hades."

Oh. He's already going into the project. Okay.

"I-I'm okay with that, I guess. Can I ask why though?" I ask cautiously, hoping he doesn't get mad.

He doesn't reply straight away, and for a while I thought he was mad but he simply answered, "No."

Well, okay, I'd rather he got mad.

I slowly nod then say, "Alright. But I have a request of my own."

No reply. Rio leaned back, finally turning to look at me, "What is it?" His eyes never met mine and instead they zoned in on my left shoulder. I lean back to meet his eyes, to which his chocolate brown eyes snapped to my hazel ones.