𝐧 𝐢 𝐧 𝐞

σύσταση (Introduction)

"So you're meeting him tomorrow, right?" Bailey asked. It was a Friday and we were at Madam Rosie's.

"Yup." I told Bailey what happened with Rio, about how he wasn't willing to hear my opinions at first, and embarrassed myself later, and how he was actually pretty okay afterward, more than okay, actually.

"You said he knows someone right, that had similar symptoms as you?" She asks.

I nod, "He blamed himself for almost triggering my attack. And I almost blurted out what the actual reason was."

"Wow, you're usually really careful though. I don't know anyone around us who suspects anything about you always sitting in the backseat of a car or not driving by yourself, because you're really good at hiding at it, and you never let it slip." She says, taking a sip of her milkshake.

"Exactly." I say. "I just... he looked so sad and angry at himself, and I almost let it out."

"So..." She bats her eyelashes to me, and I know what's coming. I roll my eyes before she goes on to say, "are you excited to be working with your more-than-just-a-crush for two months?"

I sigh, "Honestly, I think he's okay. Definitely gives off a cold vibe, but conversation with him somewhat comes pretty easy. Although, I really have no idea what he's like, apart from watching him from a distance."

Bailey hums in agreement, when her phone vibrated. She checked the caller ID, then puts in down, declining the call.

"Liam?" I ask, in confusion seeing the name light up on her screen.

"Mason." She clarifies. I remember her telling me she blocked Mason after what he did to her ex, and now he uses Liam's phone to call her.

"Maybe he has a good reason, Bailey."

"Maybe...but when I see his face, I always see the face when he rejected my confession, Bella. It was...beyond embarrassing. He told me I wasn't his type, and he would never see me that way ever. I know I was being petty but you know how I am, and I just badly wanted to get over him. I guess after harbouring feelings for him for so long, it's easier said than done."

I mull over her words for a bit, when she pokes my hand, "Penny for your thoughts?"

"I think the only way to go about this is to talk to him. See what he wants now, and tell him what you feel about him then and now. And knowing you," I nudge her shoulder, "you never back down, Bailey."

She chuckles, "That's true."

"