00. one last time

WARNINGS !

usage of profanity and strong language

contains nsfw content

( reader discretion is advised )

— a ( ★ ) will appear in the chapter title if it includes suggestive themes.

— if you don't / can't tolerate anything mentioned above, then this book isn't for you.

───── ❝ 𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝗟𝗔𝗦𝗧 𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘 ❞ ─────

The last thing you remembered was the bullet going straight to your head, passing out because of blood loss, and then dying.

Well, at least that should be the last thing you remember, and yet here you were, making new memories that confused the fuck out of you. 

There was no way the place you were at was a hospital—no hospital would use such fine material in their clothing, bed sheets, and blankets—the morgue was out of the options, too. You thought you were in heaven due to how everything seemed so nice, but then you realized that someone like you wouldn't be brought there.

And you doubted hell looked something like straight out of a fantasy royalty based novel.

Your eyes were open, but unfocused. It was rather hard—and a pain—to adjust to the bright light that greeted you as soon as you opened your eyes, too. 

"My Lady, you have awoken!" a female voice rang from beside you, making you tilt your head to the side, seeing a black haired girl dressed in a maid's uniform smiling at your form with relief.

The uniform, the expression, and even the way she refers to me...Damn is she a good actress. But why is she role-playing in front of me, who was shot in the head? Special activities for patients? Is this even a hospital, though? you blinked at her. "Who...the fuck...?"

"Oh dear, the physician was correct...!" the cosplayer said, devastation evident in her tone. You were internally approving of her acting—it was very realistic. "My Lady has lost her memories due to the impact!"

"You..." you sat up from the bed, groaning as you did so. Your body felt heavy, as if you haven't used it in a long time. "...are devoted to your role, I applaud you. But let's drop it, a role-play isn't what I want to see as soon as I wake up after being shot."

"My Lady was shot?!"