✿ side story 3

You stared at the two year old child that slept peacefully in their own bed. It was a small bed with navy blue blankets and low fences to keep them from rolling off. 

He looks so cute! 

Brayden de Alger Obelia, you absolute angel. 

It was a tiring day for both you and the child. It's been that way for several months now. Ever since Brayden learnt how to walk, he and Athanasia have been running around the palace whenever the now seven year old girl would visit. 

It was good to have someone so energetic keep Brayden company. Felix would guard them while you and Claude were busy with your own responsibilities, but somehow, even when you would join the two children late in the afternoon, they would still have enough energy to tire you out completely.

It was always worth it though. The Garnet Palace being filled with the laughter of such bright children...

When you first arrived several years ago to work as a maid, one of the first thing you noticed was the lack of staff. After three or more years though, with Brayden's birth, Claude did increase the amount of maids in the Garnet Palace.

It was definitely a lot livelier.

I like it that way though.

"And here I thought the reason why you were taking so long was because he was being stubborn," Claude's voice from the doorway snapped you out of your thoughts.

He had just returned from a meeting, so you told him that you'd put Brayden to sleep. But even after a shower and five minutes of waiting in your shared room, you haven't returned, so he decided to check for himself.

"He fell asleep as soon as he laid down," you moved over to let Claude look over his sleeping child, "He asked me to read him a story, but he was down before I could even start."

"He wouldn't have been able to sleep if he listened to you talk," he gazed down at him, placing a hand on Brayden's head to wish him good night.

"Wow—!"

"Shh, he'll wake up."

You wanted to retort, but you wanted to let Brayden sleep peacefully after running around all day, so you huffed and kept your mouth shut.