Chapter 4: Titanium - David Guetta feat. Sia

I couldn’t breathe. With a gasp, I awoke and sat up in the bed I was in. With a hand over my heart, tears started streaming down my face as feelings of guilt, sadness and despair assaulted me. Deep breath, Georgia, deep breath. What the hell was that? If it’s not me then, Jim… ‘’Doctor, doctor, she’s awake.’’ Said the woman I saved on Vulcan as she rose from the chair beside my bed. As soon as those words left her mouth, I could see Bones hurriedly make his way toward us.

‘’How are you feeling, Georgia?’’ He started checking my vitals.

‘’I’m okay, where’s Jim?’’ Bones made a face at that and cursed under his breath. I raised my brows at him waiting for an explanation.

‘’He got marooned on Delta Vega for mutiny.’’ Say what now?

‘’What? Why?’’ I asked flabbergasted. What could he possibly do to get himself ejected from the ship?

‘’Well Jim didn’t agree with Spock’s decision of meeting back with Starfleet and when Spock asked security to remove him from the bridge Jim started a fight. So Spock nerved pinched him and ordered to get him off the ship.’’ He replied grumpily. Why didn’t he just put him in the brig?

‘’That jerk, why didn’t he just put him in the brig?’’ Then I remembered the woman on the chair beside my bed was his mother. I turned to her: ‘’I’m sorry.’’

She gave me a small smile. ‘’It’s alright. Are you close to that Jim person?’’

‘’Yeah, he’s my twin brother. That’s why I think something’s wrong with him.’’ She nodded pensively.

‘’If you’ll excuse me.’’ With that she left, leaving Bones and I alone.

‘’What were you thinking going on that planet, Georgia?’’ He was kinda pissed but concerned.

‘’I couldn’t let the acting captain go down there, by himself. It’s against regulation and we were sort of running out of time so…’’

I was cut off by the com on the wall: ‘’Captain Spock request doctor McCoy on the bridge.’’

‘’Acknowledge, I’m on my way.’’ He then turned back his attention to me. ‘’You compounded your wrist injury. For the rest of this mission you can’t leave this ship, understood?’’ Damn.

‘’Yes.’’ I answered begrudgingly.

‘’I got to go, you can return to your office if you want.’’ I nodded and Bones left. At least I’m not stuck in this bed. I made my way to my office and sat in my chair. I started looking back over the files of the crew where I left off when I heard the door chime. I opened it, it was Spock’s mom. I motioned for her to take a seat.

‘’How can I help you ma’am?’’ I asked once she was seated.

‘’Please call me Amanda. And I just wanted to make sure you were okay.’’ I smiled.

‘’I’m fine, just a little pissed at your son but I’m alright.’’