1-8

~what (again)~
~♡♢♧♤~

The walk to my house was tiring. It was always worse doing back because a big part of it was uphill and I frankly don't know why they couldn't've just made me a house in the village. would've cost THEM less effort to build and ME less effort to go to work.

The bag of fish also wasn't helping, I was hungry and it was too heavy for me.

At long last I'd reached my hut, I slung down my basket and flopped in front of it, deciding to catch my breath for a bit. I focused on all the small sounds I hadn't been able to hear before, crickets and other quieter animals.

I took out my diary, despite being almost new it held so much knowledge I didn't have before. I flicked through, looking for the right page. I stopped on the one I was looking for.

'Whatever happened caused change. Good or bad, I don't know right now. I'll list symptoms below. I need to figure this out.

- fireproof (forearms and hands at least, haven't tested what else)

- vision feels clearer, also easier to see at low light levels

- teeth feel weird and hurt sometimes, like they're too big for my mouth.

- I'm a lot hungrier. Its becoming a problem. I can't ask for seconds.

- sense of smell has gotten stronger, eels smell terrible, cannot bring myself to touch one.'

As I stared at the empty space on the page, I wrote another symptom in.

'- cant stand being on the ground. Not sure if I need thinner air alongside the other changed or if my boredom is now requesting I toss myself off a cliff.'

As I stared at the list, I thought about my mission but with a very specific word before it. I closed my book and put it and my pencil back in my pocket. I hauled the basket of fish onto my back and headed for the bridge.

The symptoms were obviously dragonish things, and therefore likely caused by a dragon. Considering that I'd only ever physically touched a dragon a total of one times in my very sad life, it was clear what'd caused it.

The Night Fury.

So, I'd decided that I could go look for it, and hopefully also not get eaten. I brought food, so that If it tries to kill me it would hopefully eat the fish first, though I had no idea if it would actually work.

I moved one hand to carefully press on the clawcuts on the opposite shoulder, they had mostly scarred over, but they still hurt, I'd luckily gotten my old clothes back a day or so after I woke up, so I didn't have to worry about seeing my own injuries. It always made me feel..gross.

I came to stand at the bridge, suddenly feeling worried; For myself and also what would happen if I didn't get killed. Beforehand I wasn't going willingly, but this time it was my decision. The blame was on me if something went wrong.

And knowing my luck, it would go wrong in as many ways as possible.

I took the first step, hearing the familiar creaks of the old wood beneath my feet. I made my way over slowly, taking my time but also being aware that the fish I was carrying was gonna start smelling bad and the urge to eat it at the moment was way too tempting.