Chapter 6

'Hey Eira, how are you?' Jade asked, finally realising I was even there at all. 'Good, how are you?' I replied. 'I'm pretty great actually! Why don't we go in the kitchen and chat?' She answered, taking off her coat. She hung it up on the coat stand and put her shoes in our shoe rack. We all went into the kitchen and my mum ordered us pizza. 'So, how's your rugby going? And are you still singing?' She said, trying to make conversation. We had been sitting in an awkward silence ever since mum had left the room. 'Uh, yeah, rugby is going pretty well. I recently got a tackle bag to practice on. I tried tackling Alex, but he said it hurt too much. This is why footballers couldn't play rugby.' I laughed. 'And I'm still singing. Mainly just in my room, playing about on my piano and guitar. I've written a few songs if you wanna hear them later?' I added, answering her second question. 'Yeah, I would love to hear your songs! Why do I kind of want to learn how to tackle now?' It started us both laughing. 'I can teach you if you want. It took  me a few days to get it, but once I did it was quite easy.' I said, calming the mood down. 'That would be great, thank you.' She smiled at me. Then, my mum came in and gave as both a hug. 'Are you going to come out to th public yet?' I said despite my mum's glare obviously telling me not to. 'Well, that's up to your.... mum?' I nodded at her and she smiled. 'You call her mum! Aww, that's so cute! Anyways, I'm fine with whatever as long as your mum is fine with it.' She said, making us all laugh. I can see the way that my mum looks at her, I saw it before she adopted me, but now I'm seing it for real, I can tell she is in love with Jade and will do anything to keep her. 'I'm completely fine with it baby.' Mum replied and kissed her. I pretended to be sick, making them roll their eyes and me laugh. 'In all seriousness, I'm really happy for you.' We all hugged for a while and then the doorbell rang. 'I'll get it!' I yelled before anyone else could get there. I open the door, pay for the pizza and bring it inside. Over dinner, our whole conversation is about how they are going to tell everyone that they are together. We decided to drop hints on Insta story and posts and stuff like that. The first clue was a photo of the three of us eating together, and the caption was: family dinner time with ma girlies. It was posted on mum's account and the Jerrie shippers went wild, which caused a lot of  laughter.