Party (3/3)

Jeremiah and his friend talked for a while before coming back to them. 'We have decided to go look for a different party,' the boy said 'do we need to help him walk?' He pointed at Emery while keeping his eyes on Verena.

Verena shrugged and pulled Emery up to stand with her. 'I have him.' she muttered positioning herself under his arm so he could lean on her shoulders.

Jeremiah hurried over to their side and forced Emery to put his arm on his shoulder as well. 'I won't let you carry a guy alone.' he said while looking past Emery at Verena. The boys, of which she still didn't know the names, cleared a path to make it easier for them to bring Emery with them. Emery was still leaning a lot on her because Jeremiah was taller and made it that Emery hung over to her side. But she didn't mind, she already appreciated that Jeremiah stepped in to help even though he didn't have to.

Finally outside Emery leaned even more towards her to whisper in her ear, but instead of whispering he shouted out louder than he realised. 'Verena can you please bring me home, I want to sleep.'

Verena nodded and looked at Jeremiah. 'Can we bring him home first?'

'Ofcourse, lead the way.' Jeremiah replied.

It was about a ten minute walk from where the party was to where Emery lived on campus. Finally home Jeremiah and Verena went inside with Emery while the other two waited outside.

Jeremiah helped Emery up the stairs followed by Verena, he let Emery down on the bed. 'I will wait outside for you with the others.' after saying that he left the room.

Verena carefully helped Emery take off his shirt, pants and shoes to make him ready for bed. 'At least you had fun so you won't regret your hangover.' she joked while pushing him on his back. Pulling a blanket over him while pressing a kiss on his cheek. 'Go sleep now silly, you will need it.'

Emery shut his eyes for a second before opening them wide. 'Will you be fine with Jeremiah and his friends without me?' He didn't wait for an answer but grabbed his hand. 'Verena, you and Jeremiah and you look together, okay?'

Verena chuckled softly. 'Thank you Emery but we're not a couple.' She pulled her hand back from him. 'Go sleep, I will take a bus earlier to school tomorrow to pick you up.' She turned to leave his room and walk down.

'Didn't I say so.' Damied hisses while she walked down the stairs. 'Now you will go to a different party, with the four of you. They will use you Verena and you have nobody to protect you.'

Verena swallowed and shook her head, she didn't want to listen to his words. She didn't want to hear what Damien had to say because for the first time in her life she felt happy. She was having fun for the first time in a long time.

'So just because of that reason you will let those boys ruin your life?' Damien threw in against her thoughts.

Verena nodded. 'Yes this time I won't be stopped to have fun.' She stepped out of the house and shook the conversation she was having to the background again.

'There our nurse is.' one of the friends of Jeremiah joked. He had short blonde hair and was not much taller than her. On his arm he had a black tribal tattoo.

Verena smiled at him. 'It's good to take care of your friends before you know they are gone caused by something you could have stopped.'

The boy nodded and walked up to her. 'Damn girl, you are way too much in your head. Let's change that.'

All of a sudden she wasn't on her feet anymore but was hanging over his shoulder. A shock ran through her body. What in the world did he think he was doing? Soon she regained her clear thinking. It was just a game she told herself. Then she started to scream, followed by laughter. Verena started to hit him on his back, soft but in a playful manner. 'Please put me down!'