CHAPTER XXX. wanderer

✮*•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙*˚✧*˚ chapter 30. wanderer ˚*✧˚*•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙*˚✮

After stealing the TIE fighter Elite and ensuring the escape was safe, landing in the middle of nowhere complicated things. Grand Admiral Thrawn was more orientated on the difficulties at hand than I had originally expected. He knew how to plan things out.

Ezra and Sabine were readjusting the impact from the Elite crashing down after the two wings dissembled from the fighter. I managed to take a look around and saw all the snow here on Lothal.

"Well, I guess we can scratch stealing the TIE defender," Ezra suggested with everything the way it was.

"Yeah," Sabine answered while getting her helmet off the ground. "But we're still taking the hyperdrive."

"What?"

"The drive on Ryder's U-wing is shot, but I can use this one to replace it." Sabine must've realized that this hyperdrive was too heavy to lift if it meant to be carried. Force carrying it was an option but I knew that it would tire Ezra and me out.

"How are we going to carry it?" Ezra looked at Sabine with him figuring out the idea to do so.

"It's easier to Force carry it," I answered. "Although, I know it isn't something you would want to do since we could be walking for miles with this giant machinery."

"We'll make do," Sabine responded. "We'll figure out what to do."

Once we removed the hyperdrive from the Elite TIE fighter, Ezra and I managed to get a grip on the massive piece and walked ahead. The weight was bearable at first and walking upon wherever we wandered to had my suspicions of how long this would be.

My senses picked up something odd near and I looked to see a White Loth-cat nearby. Ezra must have seen it too with him looking up at the hill by where the tiny animal was. It disappeared to its left with Ezra motioning me to follow that direction.

Once we got to where the animal fled, we set it down and seen the hole that the White Loth-cat directed us to. The alcove can hide the hyperdrive there while we go on ahead and not worry about this being stolen.

"How'd you two know it was here?" Sabine asked with us informing her of the approach.

"We followed the white Loth-cat," Ezra replied with him looking at me for approval.

"Yes, it's odd though," I continued. "There feels like something else is here but it isn't."

"Like the Loth-cat." Sabine attempted to be clever right now.

"No..." I kept concentrating as much as I could to sense this odd feeling I felt was behind me. Ezra and Sabine placed a stone in front of the alcove to conceal the hyperdrive. This essence of a significant existence made me question if we were being watched by somebody.

"Come on, we shouldn't stay around," Ezra brought me out of thought.

I agreed and the three of us left the scene with us walking ahead for who knows how long.

‧͙⁺˚*  *˚⁺‧͙

As night fell, Ezra, Sabine, and I remained in the wilderness as patrols from Imperial gunships kept looking around. It was exhausting and risky to be out here with this many ships.

Out of nowhere, I heard a howl come from the distance with Sabine alerting us that we need to move. Ezra noticed the noise too and we both seen the giant white Loth-wolf ahead of us. Sabine tried to get our attention until she asked what was going on.

"She doesn't see it," I muttered with me turning to her. "Sabine, we're seeing something far more realistic than you could imagine."

"Like?" she kept the topic on board.

"The Loth-wolf," Ezra revealed. "They're native on Lothal and they've never been seen in a hundred years."

"The ones from the cave paintings?"

"Yes!"

My senses greatly increased as I noticed the wolf appear behind Sabine and approach us. It made an appearance to be far too authentic, but there it was. The beast was indeed real and pretty to be seeing.

"Sabine!" I alerted her to move but she turned to see the wolf instead.

"Sleep..." the deep voice echoed in Sabine's face with her falling asleep afterward.

Ezra caught her before she slumped down and looked at the wolf. My eyes had been seeing something far ancient than ever. I could see that this was neither friend nor foe, but still had a consideration of heart to help.

Just like Bendu.

The white Loth-cat suddenly appeared on the wolf's head and meowed, much to a surprise.

"Can you help us? Please?" Ezra begged the Loth-wolf with him pointing out to the Imperial gunships. "The Empire is not something to like. I know that feeling."

"Olivia," I suddenly heard my Mother speaking in my mind. "When you go back to camp, we must talk."

"How come?" I replied among me looking at the ground and keeping my mouth closed.

"Trust me, dear. You will know soon."

My gaze returned to Ezra, who extended his hand for me to board the Loth-wolf. The beast appeared to be offering assistance in getting out of the location. I didn't know what my Mother meant with her telling me her words but it seemed to stretch more and more with me as we left.

The wind blew my hair in the night sky as I looked up and saw the stars mixed in with the dark blue and unsettling white lights which the Imperial gunships continued to seek us. Looks like it was another letdown for them and a win for us.

‧͙⁺˚*  *˚⁺‧͙

We arrived at Ryder's U-wing after what seemed like hours. The sun was up and shining as the Loth-wolf sat down and rested while they panted from how much they ran. Ezra helped Sabine off the beast with me gingerly climbing down and looking at the Loth-wolf's eye with it meeting mine.

It stood above and Ezra asked why it really helped us.

All that was given was "Dume" from the wolf with Ezra and I realizing what the beast meant.

We heard voices approaching us with Hera and the others increasingly moving to where we have been.

My attention returned to the location where the Loth-wolf vanished.

Must have been a part of the Force.

Maybe something more than that.