Part 8

December 29, 2010

Morningstar Estate, Beacon Hills

"Ok, which one of you assholes took the checklist out of my office?" She yells only to hear the sudden stillness throughout the coven house before the sound of running starting beating at her ears. She raced towards the foyer, a single spell passing her lips and the Morningstar Manor was instantly in lockdown. "I want that list, damnit!"

"Iris, you need a break." Lydia tells her from safely behind a wall.

"What I need is to double check that everything is done before things possibly go to shit! We've been lucky so far but there's no guarantee it'll stay that way even with the Nemeton healed and whole again."

"We still have a few weeks, you need to relax." Derek tells her, walking forward carefully before pressing a hand to her stomach.

"Just focus on the grand opening. Go make sure you have everything done there." Lydia agrees with Derek while the head of a coyote Malia peeks out at her.

"Fine. Just fine!" She tells them before lifting the lockdown. "But if I find out you missed anything you'll regret it." A coyote Malia whines and lays on the floor ears down and paws covering her eyes. "And Malia better be human by dinner."

~~*~~

That afternoon

Beacon Hills Animal Hospital, Beacon Hills

"Stiles, did the last shipment come in?" Iris questions from her desk as she slides the blueprint into the frame se she can hang it in her private office.

"The one with the last of the office furniture for upstairs?" He asks back when as he walks in and she nods. "It all came this morning. I even managed to talk them into carrying everything upstairs so you just need the guys to put everything together and it will all be set."

"I think you mean you need them to help you put them together. Stop walking backwards, you're not escaping." She says not even bothering to look in his direction as she finishes looking things over.

"That's seriously not fair! How do you do that?"

"If I told you it would ruin my fun. Do you want to ruin my fun, Mieczysław?" She looks at him with wide hazel green eyes staring up at him.

"Damnit that's not fair! Quit it! I mean it Zuzu! Ok, Damnit fine just stop with the puppy eyes." Stiles freaks as her eyes only grow wider and fill with tears before he gives in making her smirk. "I swear you better not be having a girl, I don't think I can deal with two of you running around!"

"Aww, I love you too."

"If I have to deal with your crazy I want rainbow cookies. And not that store bought crap, you have to make! ᴰᵃᵐⁿ ʰᵒᵐᵉᵐᵃᵈᵉ ᶜᵒᵒᵏᶦᵉˢ ᵃʳᵉ ᵃᵈᵈᶦᶜᵗᶦᵛᵉ."

"They're in your bag."

"What?" Stiles runs out of the room to where he left his bag. "How do you do that!" He screams setting off her laughter.

 "How do you do that!" He screams setting off her laughter

~~*~~

Earlier That Same Day

Morningstar Estate, Beacon Hills

"For the love of God never get her pregnant again!" Peter yells at Derek after making sure the Alpha female's car was no longer in hearing range. "She's bad enough when her hormones are in control but this is just terrifying. How did any of you survive this last time around?"

"A lot of chocolate." Lydia says absentmindedly.

"Wasn't here/Lived in London." Came from Ethan and Jackson.

"I was dead." Aiden tell him.

"I like it." They all turn to look at him including a coyote Malia that goes to get her clothes.

"Masochist."

"No shame in it when it's done right." He smirks at them and Lydia gags.

"I do not need to know about your kinks with my cousin!"

"The cousin you slept with?" Derek raises a brow and the others turn to see what she'll say.

"We're not that closely related. It's distant ok? Very distant."

"Nothing wrong with it. Coyotes do it all the time." Malia says after turning back to herself and throwing on her romper.

"Malia, do Aunty Lyd a favor?"

"Sure." She pipes in with a toothy smile.

"Don't help."

"Ok- Hey! Last time I sneak into Mama Iris' office for you."

"Last time I checked I didn't sleep with Iris to make her your 'mama'. Though that is a thought." Derek growls at Peter eyes red and claws out. "Just making a statement." Peter says neck tilted in deference to the male half of their alpha pair.

"ᴵᵈᶦᵒᵗ ᶠᵃᵗʰᵉʳ." Malia mumbles under her breath.

"Is there anything left to do?" Ethan asks wanting to get off this topic before his brother says anything equally stupid.

"Well let's look at the list. Malia?" The youngest of them hands over the list she had taken to the red head. "Build the coven, name, preserve, that's done. Get the asshole, check."

"Which asshole?"

"She means you Peter."

"McCall not changing, done. Close the tunnels and build new ones. Iris set off her own mini earthquake to do it so done. Avenge the Hales. Kate is on her way since Iris worked her juju while I haunted the bastards that helped her which led to them confessing and she wants to make things disappear. According to Iris we're feeding her to the Nemeton in some ancient ritual where you sacrifice your enemies blood to protect your lands and this will apparently make it so the Nemeton can protect other places that aren't the house. BTWs a new family is moving in and I hear they have a daughter entering her sophomore year, make sure she feels like she belongs here or I'll destroy you. Anyways, Gerard is gonna die slow and painful from the cancer which Iris and the Nemeton took care of by setting up some juju to ramp up the cancer the moment he enters Beacon County. That should kill him within a couple days, maybe a week apparently it depends on how strong his medication is and if he's doing treatment while he's here. Brunski and Peter's psycho nurse died along with Meredith when they ended up driving off a bridge for some reason on their way back from the lake of all things. I hear they still have no idea just what exactly those two were doing to poor, poor Meredith up there. So sad, done."

"Wasn't Meredith put in Eichen in 2009?"

"Your point is what?" Lydia looks at Jackson with narrowed eyes.

"Nothing, continue."

"Thought so. The Orphans are dead, freak accident where birds started attacking and well they were hardly identifiable aside from finding their weapons of choice during the investigation. Apparently pollution can do some weird things. Nogitsune was eaten by the Nemeton which reminds me there's actually two new girls at Beacon Hills High. Matt Daehler's family was sent a video of the pool party and ended up sending him to some much needed therapy after moving away last summer after Coach Lahey was arrested which leads into the whole Isaac living with the Stilinski's thing which is weird, just saying. And of course there was that tragic break in at the vet clinic where Alan Deaton was killed when some junkies broke in looking for a high and shot him before getting high and accidently setting a part of the clinic on fire. Fortunately the fire only happened in the front of the clinic so the animals were safe and the fire department managed to get volunteers to find their owners after putting out the fire and recovering the bodies. Which leaves us needing to make plans for Jennifer Blake who the Nemeton also wants to eat, Marin Morell also Nemeton food, the Alpha Pack, the Dread Doctors, Sebastien Valet, the Nazi Lowenmensch Garrett Douglas, and Corinne. Any suggestions?"

~~*~~

To Be Continued . . .