Part 5

Morningstar. It was official, she was now Iris Zuzanna Stilinski Morningstar. The first Morningstar in centuries and with it came more than she could have imagined. Somehow, the Seven had rewritten history or corrected history that had been lied about? The Morningstar name and its estate may have gone unclaimed but fortunately was maintained by a lawyer. There was just as many if not more zeros than the Hale family accounts, most of which was held in non-liquid assets like ancient jewelry from across the world that looked like it belonged in a museum, financial records with bought or sold stocks from companies dating all the way back to the early 1800's, along with Beacon Hills Preserve.

All of it was meticulously maintained to the point of obsession by Iris' grandfather before being left in all it entirety to her as a future unnamed granddaughter and if not her them to be distributed anonymously. He had left a letter to be opened solely by her, if she was born, with the lawyer in charge of it explaining his reasoning for it. Mostly it stated how he had seen her mom's growing distaste with magic when her spells began to fail her and even more so when she had felt his mother's passing. She had hated being so connected to someone else that she could literally feel their life slip away even if the bond wasn't strong enough to her pain. Her magic had started failing after she had forgotten the coven's words and law, something that was taught to each child of their line except her and her 'brother'.

Simul et nos unum sumas fecit totum

Solus not sunt singulis

Sed ille qui accipit omnes amittit omnes

/

Together we are one made whole

Apart we are individual

The one who takes all loses all

His letter told her what her mother did to have her magic turn against her. Claudia Stilinski nee Gajos, her mother, had tried to use magic not only for her own gain but to increase her own power by drawing on it from those who had passed on before her through the Nemeton. She tried to take it for herself but forgot that it was already freely given and in doing so she wasn't really 'drawing' on them but attempting to drain them. Only it failed and they turned her magic against her for her arrogance, setting it to attack her from the inside until she cast the spell in vengeance. She had wanted to hurt the Seven by leaving them without another heir and ending the Morningstar line for what she viewed as them completely and utterly rejecting her.

Apparently the lawyer he used was supernatural himself. Alexander McAlister or Mr. Alec as he said to call him was a gargoyle and the last of his kind had helped to protect their family since the death of his wife three centuries ago. He had become the coven's emissary despite it being unneeded but due to the fact he was in fact family through marriage. Her grandfather and him had become friends over their final years as Mr. Alec had begun aging much like a human when he started reaching his second millennium. He'd held on just long for Iris to approach him about claiming the Morningstar name and tell her why exactly it had nearly been lost forever.

Before Claudia could act she had the accident which left her in shock over possibly losing the ability to have children in the first place, then she met and fell in love with Noah Stilinski a man who wanted a family with her. By the time she cast the curse she was already to late, she was pregnant with a girl and so the curse acted far differently. The curse coalesced within her womb and instead of her magic being given up it was transferred to her. Nearly all of it went to her and the rest, the rest had created a small miniscule spark of energy that would eventually become Stiles and while he would never have or pass on magic he was far more attuned to the supernatural, which had caused him to grow far more attached to not only her but Lydia. Claudia's actions left her completely and utterly human from that point on and because this she was far more susceptible to human disease magic once protected her from.