The Showdown

Today is the day. The day Jughead ends this once and for all. It's been a long few weeks and everyone is tired and emotionally drained. They want a sense of normalcy back to their already crazy lives. What is normal? A question they will spend the rest of their lives trying to answer. When there isn't a right answer. Normal is what you are.

Jughead and Cheryl move like shadows in the night. They go into the building unnoticed. It seems too easy but they don't let their guard up.

Jughead senses he is close to his target. So close to ending this all and finding Betty. One thing he does know is he is going to tear them apart. You don't take what's his and get away with it. They will know who Jughead Jones, the Serpent King truly is.

"It looks abandoned," Cheryl said as she looked down the hallway. "It's weird" she adds, she doesn't like this at all.

"Stay alert." he said to her. "It could be a ploy to catch us off guard. We still need to look everywhere" he adds as he slowly opens the door. Before he opened it all the way there was a loud noise. He turned to Cheryl. "Did you hear that?" he asked her.

"Yeah, it came from that direction." She said as she pointed down towards an open door.

"Okay, we need to split up," he said. "We need to cover more ground," he adds.

"I agree," Cheryl said. "I'll go this way, you the other" she adds.

"Okay" he said. "And Cher?" he adds as he grabs her hand, "Please, be careful" he said as he squeezed her arm.

"Awe, is someone worried about me?" she laughed.

"Of course I worry, you're my family and I worry about what's mine" he said with all seriousness.

"I worry about you too," she said as she smiled. "And be careful" she adds.

He nods and he goes the other way.

"Wait," Cheryl said.

He turns and looks at her.

"May the odds be ever in your favor" she smirked.

"You're ridiculous," he laughed.

"But you love me" she said as she smiled softly at him.

"That I do, catch you on the other side " he said as he winked.

Jughead walks quietly down the hall. Checking each door. Seeing if they are unlocked so he can look in the room and make sure Betty isn't behind one of them. As he opens the door, he starts to hear someone talk. He walks towards the sound. He turns the corner and there is a large room at the end of the hall. He's not sure who it is yet. He continues to walk slowly, staying behind the large boxes, so he's left unseen.

Jughead's almost to where the voice is coming from. It's still hard to see.

"I don't know why you think he's coming for you, He don't know where you are"

Jughead squints his eyes and he sees him. Mr. Mueller and he is holding on to Betty's arm. He's trying to drag her along but Betty is fighting it. It's taking everything Jughead has in him not to jump in there right now.

"Don't underestimate him," Betty yelled.

Jughead sighed in relief when he heard her talk. It was angelic, music to his ears.

"O-oh" Mr. Mueller laughed. "We will see, won't we?" he said.

Jughead looks around the area, looking for anything he could use and to make sure there were no hidden secrets. He let out a soft growl when he watched her being dragged.