Part 20

I was seated in the small room allocated to us agents to work on the case. My finger was tapping along the top of the wooden table. Spencer came and set next to me handing me a coffee. I gave him a nod of thanks.

"Alright so last night the police picked up Alisson Davids who had the kids in his boot, except for Katie who is still missing" Hotch sighed.

The kids who were saved ended up either going into the foster system or sent to live with other family, after there kidnapping a full extent to there abuse and neglect was revealed. The saddest thing was that the kids seemed to grow attached to the unsub.

Now we just had to find Katie. I took a sip of my coffee the warm liquid greeting my taste buds. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked down to the case in infront of me.

"Garcia have you checked all family members of the Quill's?" Hotch asked.

"Yes I have checked and I can't seem to find anything, they all look incredibly clean" Garcia said furiously typing at the keys.

"Maybe they're a little too clean" I murmured.

"What was that?" Hotch asked.

"What is someone's record's were expunged or something or sealed juvenile records" I suggested.

"Why didn't I think of that" Garcia said tapping was heard and then she paused.

"Well Y/n I think you might be right and I think we just found our unsub" Garcia said.

"What is it Garcia?" Hotch said impatiently.

"James Quill Nancy's brother, he was accused of rape at 16 but it was never filed and the records were very well hidden. He has basically been living off the grid until last week oh god..." Garcia gell silent.

"Babygirl tell us what you found" Derek said sternly.

"A charge was made on a credit card under his name at a department store and he brought some pretty interesting things" Garcia said.

"Garcia can you send me through the adress" Hotch said.

"Alrighty sent sir" Garcia said cheerily.

Derek picked up the phone set on the table.

"You are godess woman" He teased.

"You already know chocolate" Garcia replied flirtatiously.

Derek chuckled and hung up the phone.I grabbed my vest pulling it over my shirt as we headed to the SUVs, speeding towards the adress. Hotch drove his hands gripped around the steering wheel his knuckles ghostly white.

He speed down the streets New York blasting the sirens, lights flashing. Eventually we pulled up to a house, tires screeching against the slightly wet road.

We jumped out of the car and approached the house. Police cars were already parked outside the house. Guns pointing at the window where James was standing. He had Nancy held Katie in a chokehold, holding a gun to the poor girls head.

"He threatened to slit Katie's throat if we entered" One of the officers said.

"Can we set up a communication link into the house?" Hotch said.

"We're starting on that" The officer said. 

A few seconds later we were handed a phone. Hotch pressed the call button, from outside we could see James freeze. He shuffled around to where we couldn't see him and picked up the phone.

"I'm not giving Katie up" James spat.

"James we know you don't want to hurt her but you have to let her go" Hotch said calmly.