Chapter 3 (Neville)

The day had started like usual waking to the sound of an explosion. Father and Uncle had quite the mischievous personalities. They were always up to something. I heard my aunt's voice rang through the house as she scolded her husband and brother-in-law. It was like this every morning.
I got up and had gotten dressed. I didn't need to shower, because I had the other day. I looked in the mirror at my appearance and thought I wish I looked like my brother. My brother's hair is dark as ink and eyes as grey as iron. He looks just like our Papa. I look nothing like my brother with my plain light brown hair and boring green eyes. I look like my father when he was younger.
My brother is taller and stronger than me. I turned away from the mirror and looked around my room. My truck was already packed for the night before. I look around the mostly empty space and sign knowing I won't be home until the holidays. I walked downstairs and headed to the greenhouse so I could take care of my plants before breakfast and then the trip to the platform.
I look around the garden that my Grandma likes to show off to visitors and her favorite place to have tea parties. My brother grew up in this garden and I'm going to miss it. It was a way to escape parties and visitors. It was my favorite place to hide and relax when me and my brother needed space for each other. I continue to greenhouse my personal space and I have always liked plants and I grew all types of plants with help for adults.
I watered and tended to the plants until I heard the breakfast bell rang and I hurried to finish up and get to the dining room, because it's impolite to be late. I arrived and my parents, aunt, uncle, and grandmother were already there. I was lucky I wasn't the latest and after I had taken a seat my twin strolled through the door. He looked presentable, but not perfect like grandmother expected for us. Grandmother didn't say anything, but I saw the look on her face.
I heard stories about how my papa and grandmother got into when he was a teen and how they made up over time and healed. I would never have the gut to do anything my brother has done. I mean he once got into a fight with a kid and muggle school and got himself expelled. Father, auntie, and grandmother were furious when they found out and papa and uncle asked him if he won. They slept in the guest rooms for a while.
We ate in silence like all ways. There they started getting ready and then headed to the platform. We arrived in no time on the platform and we got everything situated. I was so nervous and I felt like everyone's eyes were on me. My brother found us an empty compartment and we sat there in silence.
I had been holding my brother's hand until I heard the compartment door open. I dropped his hand and looked towards the door and I saw my spoiled rotten cousin Draco. He came off as dramatic, but he just seeks approval mostly from his father and my brother. I look in sympathy at his attempt to start a conversation with my brother. I look out the window and try to disappear from this awkward conversation.
I fall asleep on my brother until I'm jolted awake by my brother. He was just as mischievous was our papa, but unlike our father who has it all on display my brother tries to hide it. I look at my brother with an upset smile when he tells me it's time to change into our robes. I get up in a huff, but I still listen to him. It was a bit after that we arrived at a platform and I followed my brother to bouts and got in.
We were seated with a loud talking Redhead and a girl with hair that looked kind of like a lion's mane. I really want to talk to her, but I don't think I could ever get over the loud voice of the male in between us. We arrived at the castle and were led into a room and our cousin was still trying to get my brothers attention. I looked around the crowd and my eyes widened as I saw the savior. I had only heard about him through books and media.
I was about to point him out to my twin brother when we were told to get into different lines. I looked around the room as we entered and I was amazed it was quite beautiful. It was nothing like any of the places his family owned. It didn't take long for my brother's name to be called, but whatever the hat had said had shaken him up a dit even if he didn't show it. I heard my name being called and I walked up to the stool.
I sat down and the hat was lowered to my head. The hat spoke very little to me before announcing that I would be in Hufflepuff. I nervously walked towards the table and took a seat between two older students. I was trying to get the attention of one, but I could until the other one got me some help. I think my face flushed from the kindness of this male who helped me.
My family and I rarely get help from others, because we are seen as perfect in every way. I listened to the words we're speaking, but I was mostly sneaking peeks at the male student.