Chapter 4 (Neville)

I ate until I was full and I had to wait a bit before all the food disappeared. The headmaster started a song before dismissing us. I got into a line with the rest of the first year Hufflepuff. We follow the Hufflepuff perfectly towards our common room. We traveled to the basement and we stood in front of a stack of barrels.
The perfect start tapping the barrels in a pattern and one of the lids swang open. The perfect entered and everyone followed. The common room was quite cozy and reminded me of my greenhouse at home. The perfect slit up into boys and girls. They then assigned roommates.
I was with a couple of guys who I could tell that it was going to be a long year. I started unpacking my trunk and putting my stuff away. I started writing a letter and I was hoping there wouldn't be any backlash. I didn't think there would be any, because grandma has accepted that she wouldn't have an all Slytherin family. I remember the story my papa told me and Harry about when he was a kid.
I also heard stories about my aunt who married a muggle born and was disowned. My family has changed big time since then. Grandmother changed a lot after the death of her husband and wanted to make peace with the world. It seems like death is a bit afraid of our family. I mean Halloween is the time when all our ancestors come back as ghosts and we have a party.
It is one of the biggest events of the year for my family. We don't really like sunny days so my brother and I are as pale as moonlight. It runs in our family and we rarely wear something that isn't black. The only time we wear color is when we are in school. We were taught all types of magic and potion from a young age.
I forgot to mention earlier that our family has a little thing for death. My Grandmother and grandfather were quite adventurous when they were in the public eye. They experimented with all types of torture. The thing that killed him was incurable. He suffered so much and he liked every bit of it until death opened his arms and took him.
My grandmother was heart broken by the loss of her husband. She started to regret everything and she started to reconnect with her family that she pushed away by acting how she was before. It took time and she became close with her new family. She still has her moments where she slips up and she feels so upset afterwards. She loves us and loves to spoil us rotten.
She lives with us in the huge mansion that belongs to our family. The house has been in our family for years. We own a few house elf's that take care of most of the house maintenance. They are getting pay and they are treated like servants instead of slaves. Father said that papa still has nightmares about the past.
I forgot to tell you about my other uncle whose name is Regulus Black. He's my favorite uncle, because he doesn't talk much and he is a good storyteller. I think the past troubles him for some reason. He is either hanging out in the family library or he lives at the Black family townhouse. We own a lot of properties all over really.
My aunt who married a muggle born has a daughter who is older than us. She is trying to become an Auror or wizard cop. She was born with a rare ability to change her appearance at will, but she mostly just changes her hair color. She always talked to us about her stories from when she was in school. We know all the secret spots around the school.
I told my parents what house I got into and I told them what happened. I told them about everything without skipping any detail. I couldn't send my letter right away, because my brother had the owl. I cuddled my cat and got ready for bed, because it was already getting late and we had classes starting up. I fell asleep and I forgot to mention information about our pets.
My brother had a pitch black owl named umbra and I have a white cat named Artemis. We got these pets for our hogwarts adventure and, because they don't allow snakes in hogwarts.