03

Somehow both teams fit at the tables to eat, though it was quite crowded. The first string members of Seido sat where they usually did and let the Karasuno boys squeeze in wherever they could.

Hinata and Kageyama sat down at a few lucky open seats. They both said thanks for the food, looked at each other and began their contest without saying a single word. Fiercely chowing down rice and meat, somehow not choking. Down to the last of their third bowl of rice, Hinata wins!

In the midst of cheering and scowls, they heard snickering. So they both quieted down and looked to the offender and saw it was the captain of the baseball team.

"Is there something funny senpai?" Hinata asks while his head tilts to the side, a single grain of rice stuck to his cheek. Miyuki sucked in a quick breath, as he saw the action from the boy. Adorable! Miyuki thought, but quickly recovered and spoke up.

"You boys seem to have a lot of energy, but I would save it for tomorrow if I were you." Miyuki said with a mischievous gleam in his eyes. "It's hell week, you need all the energy you can get." With that, he got up and went to drop off his used dishes and thank the cooks for their service.

Having overheard the interaction and seeing the excited spark in his first years eyes, Daichi began to sweat drop. Miyuki didn't understand the stamina of the tangerine and the competitiveness of the blueberry king of the court. Though, he was eager to show off his team in the morning. It made the caption excited to see the expressions of the baseball team when they see how intense his guys were.

With that in mind, he hurriedly encouraged, more like intimidated, his team members to hurry and go to their rooms. As much as Daichi knows how much energy the younger kids had, he knew they needed their sleep. He needed to show them off after all at their absolute best.

___________________________________________

Sawamura was woken up earlier than his early start time by the rustling of the volleyball boys in his room. As he blinked away the sleep in his eyes, he found that the first year Karasuno boys were getting up and getting ready. They were loudly whispering competitive phrases back and forth while getting dressed to each other when the pitcher spoke up in a sleep filled voice.

"Where are you guys going so early?" Hinata whipped his head towards Sawamura as Kageyama almost fell over while putting on his socks because he was so spooked by the sudden voice.

While the king calmed his racing heart with a hand to his chest, Hinata perked up. "We are going for a run. I need to burn off some energy because I know I probably won't move as much as usual today!"

"And I am going with him because he's a boke! He'll probably go overboard, so I am going to watch him." Kageyama said as a matter of fact, which earned him a glare from the sunshine tangerine.

"You are not coming to watch over me Bakayama! You know you are as bad as me when it comes to overworking yourself, AND you are coming because you are too much of a sore loser to think I am getting ahead of you. Which, by the way, I have 2 wins over you currently. Making you the current loser." Hinata counters with a grin, though he quickly finished putting his shoes on and darts out of the room because he knew he was going to get the claw of death if he didn't hurry out of Kageyama's reach.

Kageyama cursed under his breath, finished getting ready and then excused himself to chase after his bubbly partner. Sawamura just sat in bed blinking, then his own competitiveness welled up as soon as he couldn't hear their loud voices anymore. He quickly got his stuff on and chased after the boys.

"I am not going to lose to you guys either!"

After the boys left, Kuramochi's tousled head popped up from his covers. "I've been paired up with two more Sawamuras, oh my god." He groaned as his head dropped back down, feeling like an overworked mother.

___________________________________________

As the teams were eating breakfast, the doors burst open. Revealing a small group of sweating and panting boys. Everyone just stared at them and then Miyuki began laughing again.

"Were you guys running?" He asked cheekily, and began laughing at the boys again. As Sawamura sat down huffing, Kuramochi hit him in the back of the head for wasting precious energy even when Sawamura knew how difficult hell week was. Though as Hinata and Kageyama sat down, Daichi creepily appeared behind him with a scary smiling look on his face, a face that can be described as "scary calm", it was very well known to Karasuno. All of the baseball players around them sweat dropped and slightly cowered away. Any volleyball players near snickered quietly.

"I have to say, I am very impressed boys. Even after me repeatedly telling you, I don't understand why I have to tell you nOT TO HAVE A COMPETITIVE SPRINT BATTLE EVERY MORNING BEFORE PRACTICE!" He huffed and after a few deep breathes, he continued with new found calm. "Since you guys have so much energy to burn off. Expect to be doing penalty runs and flying laps for hours boys. Even after the nice Seido team wrings you out of your endless bounds of energy." With that, he grinned with a closed eyed smile and walked off to Suga who got up and began rubbing his shoulders to try to calm the poor captain as he sat down with his face in his hands mumbling "hours and hours and hours-"

Everyone just stared at the captain. He was freaking scary!

.. and seemed to be losing it-

___________________________________________

Everyone was slowly making their way out of the cafeteria and towards the field. Nearing two scheming coaches and a fatigued teacher who was sweat dropping hearing their conversation. Once they noticed the growing group of boys coming, they turned toward the mixed group, waiting for everyone to gather around fully.

"Good morning everyone." Coach Kataoka stated, his earlier smiles gone. "My boys know the drill, so start ahead with Miyuki in lead." With that, Kataoka nodded and showed the coach and teacher the way to the benches to watch over the kids and talk.

"Okay guys, we will be starting our warmups! Ten laps around the field. Go!" Miyuki yelled and immediately started leading the large group around the field. Encouraging everyone with the Seido chant. It was fun to watch the volleyball boys try to join in after they heard it enough times.

___________________________________________

A/N: Well then, things are finally starting to happen. With that, that means that I finally have to come up with what is going to happen next haha.. I  now have many things planned, I just don't know how to connect them yet. 

Anyway, I hope you thought the chapter was okay. It was slightly shorter than the previous two-