04

The Volleyball boys grouped together near the entrance to the field. Some watched anxiously, while others watched with curiosity as the baseball team began their training. They didn't know where to start as they have never played the sport. Having noticed the apprehension, Miyuki walked over to the captain. 

"Daichi, was it?" He asked with a grin. Daichi acknowledged the question with a nod. "I don't want you all to be overwhelmed with trying to jump into our training. How about we take a quick chat to see how we can split up your guys with mine to best utilize their abilities."

Daichi was surprised at the initiative, but gladly accepted and walked off with the captain to discuss. Sugawara quickly told everyone to stay in the vicinity and ran after his captain to help out.

Hinata was uncharacteristically quiet, though there was a familiar sheen in his eyes. One that screamed trouble. Everyone was talking amongst themselves, so he decided to go explore.

Since a few minutes ago, there has been a rhythmic bam bam bam. The sound seemed to get louder and louder each time. He wanted to know what that sound was. It sounded powerful.

He followed the sound to a caged, shaded area. Grateful to be out of the blazing sun, he gazed into the area. He quickly recognized Sawamura. He was about to yell out to him when the pitcher started to go into his form. Hinata's breath caught in his throat once the ball shot out from the boy's hand. The sound the ball made when it contacted with the mitt left Hinata breathless.

His arm came out like a whip. I couldn't even see the ball until the last second. Hinata thought. If I were able to do that, my spikes would be significantly more powerful. A new weapon-

"Sawamura! You're amazing! Can you teach me to do that!" His yell caught the pitcher off guard, making him stumble. Accidentally losing control of his next pitch, sending it towards the ground. As soon as the southpaw was going to yell at the boy, the baseball captain came up to the bullpen.

"Now wouldn't that be interesting. Sawamura, imagine  shrimpy-chan being able to throw a moving pitch like that." The captain teased which in turn made the southpaw erupt in laughter. A  laugh that screamed challenge.

With pleading eyes, Hinata crept into the bull pin. Sawamura thought this through once he saw the determination in the boy. Maybe teaching someone new can help him polish his form. So he immediately began taking off his glove. Pushing it into Hinata's chest.

"Let's do this tangerine!"

___________________________________________

(This next part kind of goes into depth of them actually throwing. Y'all can skip if you get bored :D)

Sawamura sat off to the side as Miyuki began teaching Hinata the basics. Gently guiding his limbs into the motion of throwing.

"Most pitchers start off gripping the ball with two fingers on top and the thumb underneath. Have a relaxed but firm grip and avoid choking the balll." Miyuki paused to watch the boy play with the ball in his left hand. He continued with quiet curiosity.

"Your pivot foot should be on the same side of your throwing arm. Keep your eyes on the plate and take a short step back. Transferring weight to your other foot, while moving your hands to the top of your head. Pivot your foot towards the catcher. Lift your other leg straight up."

Miyuki carefully guides Hinata's hips into the next motion.

"As you stride forward, your hands will break and the momentum is transferred toward the plate. So you must control your lower half of your body. Your palm should be facing down and your fingers will be on top of the ball as you throw. The side you have your glove on will remain pointing toward the plate, until the other foot is down and your torso begins rotating." He takes a breath to solidify his next statement.

"Your throwing arm should use full extension and rotation. Use all of the tension from building your form to whip out the ball at the last second. To finish, your pivot foot elevates. Which will release the back side of your hip for full hip rotation. Balance over your landing foot."

Miyuki runs his hands along the boys arm's until they are gently holding his wrists to demonstrate the motion of throwing. "And that's it. You learned the basics of throwing. Feel ready?"

At this point, his signature smirk is back. He just threw so much information at the kid. He would be impressed if he managed to even throw the ball to the strike zone. Though as he looked at Hinata's eyes, potential screamed back at him. Miyuki's glasses glinted when he turned to go to the catchers spot.

After seeing the catcher crouch down into a squat position. Hinata began muttering to himself and started going through the motions the captain explained to him. He balanced on his left leg and began tightening his muscles. Raising his arms above his head. Carefully balancing on his leg, building tension in every muscle. Staring directly into the mitt, he releases all the almost suffocating tension in his body and whip his arm down towards the mitt. Letting the ball go at the last second.

The sound of the ball meeting the mitt left him frozen. He felt chills inch down his spine as he saw the grin form on the catchers lips. Miyuki himself had an indescribable tension set in his body. His form was unique. His lower body literally launched his tiny body forward an insane amount, which gave the ball a new momentum he hasn't seen before.

This volleyball kid could throw.

Sawamura yelled, breaking the eerie silence that settled into the ball pit. He ran over to the tangerine boy, asking how he managed to launch himself so far forward. Furuya was staring at the two with his mouth hung open. He quickly abandoned his catcher and "ran" over as well to quietly start investigating as well. Miyuki glanced over to his left to see awe filled eyes of multiple people. Many people were curious to see what the kid could do. Especially with how tiny he is. His view focused on a taller boy with dark hair and blue eyes. He seemed frightened almost. Like he is on the urge of loosing something precious to him.

___________________________________________

A/N: Hi y'all.. it's been awhile. That's entirely because I just started my new job. I am working a wild schedule. 24 hours working and then 48 hours off. So it took me some time to adjust. I am finally feeling okay enough to write again.

Hopefully someone is enjoying this. I kind of got technical with my writing today but I had fun doing it.

Till next time~