02

The team was headed back to the bus to grab their stuff. The principle of Seido was graciously letting the team stay in a grouping of rooms called the Spirit Dorms. He explained there was room for them all since there were some students leaving the dorms due to retirement. Apparently it is where the majority of the Seido's famous baseball team was stored.

As they made their way down the path, they passed by two baseball fields. Hinata slowed and stared in awe at the huge area. The grass was so green and pretty he noted. Noticing him slowing down, Kageyama also slowed to wait for the tangerine, but quickly grew impatient when he noticed he slowed to a stop, not moving at all anymore. 

"Oi, have you never seen a baseball field before?" He quickly said, annoyed by the seemingly glistening sparkles in the amber eyes of Hinata. He didn't get a good feeling about the clear interest shining in them. 

Hinata shook his head no, "Actually, baseball is the only sport I haven't tried yet. I mean, I have seen a field before obviously, one of my friends from middle school was on the team. I love volleyball, but I still want the chance to play on a field once," he turned to meet Kageyama's impatient gaze and began to smile greatly. "Do you think they will let us play a little?" He asked excitedly, beginning to slightly hop up and down in place. 

Kageyama quickly turned away from Hinata's bright and sunshine smile, with a slight frown forming. He began walking to catch up to the team before he finally answered with a quiet, "There is no way a national level baseball team will let a dork like you on their field."

With a huff, Hinata quickly ran to catch up to the setter with a long expression, though Kageyama didn't seem to notice the sad face. He was too busy worrying about his own emotions. The turmoil about Hinata's clear interest in the sport in his head was quickly starting to make it ache. What if he wanted to leave volleyball for base- he quickly shook his head to clear his mind, instead distracting himself with looking at the upcoming buildings. 

When they reached their waiting teammates, they were greeted by an intimidating looking man blocking their path. He wore sunglasses and sported an intense looking face. When he spoke, his serious tone of voice added to his overall fear factor that he already gave off naturally in waves. 

"I am coach Kataoka. The principal just called to inform us that you will stay with us until your bus is able to be fixed?" He directed his questioning statement towards coach Ukai.

Coach Ukai stuck his hand out for a handshake and began to talk when Takeda Sensei also offered his hand. "Yeah, we are the Karasuno High School volleyball team from the Miyagi prefecture. We were on our way to another school called Nekoma out here in Tokyo for a training camp when our bus broke down. It is really unfortunate that it happened right now. We are actually supposed to go to nationals in two weeks." He let out a frustrated sigh and rubbed his neck.

Coach Kataoka hummed in quick understanding and turned to call out a name to the group of players that began to form when they saw the unannounced group of unfamiliar faces near their coach. A boy with glasses ran up to his coach's side with a questioning and calculating look.

"This is Miyuki Kazua, the current captain of the team. He will help everyone find a room to share with my boys," he paused to let Miyuki shake coach Ukai and Takeda sensei's hands and continued. "You coaches and the managers will obviously get your own rooms of course." He said with a polite small smile that seemed foreign on his stern looking face.

"We have dinner at 8 o'clock, and concerning your limited time before nationals," he paused again to look at his baseball team, then to the field with a mischievous smile. "I want to invite you and your team to train with us. We were actually going to start a very rigorous training camp tomorrow. If your boys can keep up, they are fully welcome to train with us during your short stay."