The First Night

It all started when one night Atsushi couldn't sleep, so he went out, through the streets of Yokohama, walking without purpose.

He then realised that the streets were too busy, too loud, and he needed a quieter place to relax, after a surprisingly tough day at the agency. So, he went into an alley, and climbed up a flight of stairs that lead to the rooftop.

He was so high up that there was no light pollution, and he could clearly see the stars in the night sky. Atsushi was so mesmerised by this, that he laid down on the cold rooftop and felt happy. His happiness soon disappeared, when he heard a cough.

"Jinko?"

"What? Leave me alone Akutagawa!"

After the guild situation, they had become somewhat friendly with each other, but not enough to stop the bickering.

The Port Mafia's silent rabid dog was not going to be ordered around by some were-tiger fool. So, he laid down next to Atsushi and stargazed.

"Your not going to say anything?" Atsushi asked, after a while. He closed his eyes as he suddenly started to feel extremely tired.

"They call me the silent rabid dog for a reason, Jinko".

" Okay".

_______________

And they stayed like that, silent and tired, but not tired enough to sleep. They knew that if they closed their eyes and fell asleep, the nightmares would be too real, too true, too frightening.

So instead they went to that rooftop, almost every night, hoping the other would be there. They enjoyed each other's company, although they would never actually admit it, they both knew it was true. It was like basic knowledge now.

They both felt tiredly happy while on that roof and silently decided that it will be their place, that no one will be able to ever take away from them. Not Mori. Not the Mafia or the Agency. Not the Guild. Nobody. Ever.

______________

A/N : this is my first fanfic ever, so it may not be that good. Thanks for reading. :)