The Fourth Night

"Fig tea?" Akutagawa asked, sniffing the liquid in the plastic cup that Atsushi just gave him.

"I thought you like tea... and figs.?"

"I do,", and after a lifetime he addded, "thanks, Jinko."

"Your welcome, and Atsushi, call me Atsushi".

"...alright, Atsushi. Then I shall expect you call me Ryuunosuke in return." Akutagawa whispered, as if it was wrong to say his own name out loud.

____________

Atsushi arrived quite early today, and instead of laying down, he sat with his back against the wall that went all around the rooftop. He brought fig tea with him, hoping that this would be a kind of peace offering to Akutagawa, as they haven't officially become friends, or what some may call 'being kind of friendly towards another, but not exactly friends' as that is exactly what relationship they had.

When Akutagawa arrived, barely 10 minutes after Atsushi, he was greeted with a smiling Jinko, holding a plastic cup of tea towards him.

He took it, and sniffed. He had to make sure there was no poison, as Atsushi Nakajima was still his sworn enemy, after all.

But when he smelt the hot, fig tea that he absolutely adores, all his worries of poison and enemies went away.

So, he sat down next to 'Atsushi' as they younger demanded he should call him by his first name, and sipped his tea.

"This is my favourite tea, of all time, how did you know?"

"Well it was the most expensive, after all..." Atsushi trailed off.

"Ah, yes, I suppose it is". Ryuu added.

Then they both looked up, at the full moon, that was so high up in the sky, miles and miles away from Yokohama. They both shuffled closer to each other, as the night breeze was getting quite cold, now in late September.

Atsushi surprising didn't have any night-time thoughts, so he stayed silent.

To his surprise, it was Akutagawa who started talking first.

"What was it like in the orphanage? I met people who escaped from orphanages and moved to the slums, but they always returned to their orphanages after a few days. I suppose it must be similar to living in the slums, where notebooks and pens are more valuable then sugar and meat, although those are very valuable too."

"Yes, it was bad, but you probably didn't have a good childhood either. Do you know about chocolate bars?"

"Of course! It's like currency. I once saved up 300"

"300 chocolate bars?!? You must have been considered a millionaire!"

"I was... but then I ate too many and passed out from malnutrition. Gin says I have her a heart attack, she thought I was dead." And he laughed. Akutagawa laughed. It was a care-free laugh, that was not forced or fake. Atsushi wanted to hear it again, and again.

Akutagawa smiled, as he looked to his side at Atsushi. It was only for a split second, before his face turned back into expressionless and unreadable.

Then, they continued to stare into the sky, until the sun came into view, and pushed the moon away. They went their separate ways, and waited for their next rooftop meeting.

A/N: this chapter was inspired by the beast light novel/manga! It's so goooood!