V. Lying

Mishika's POV:

I walked to the library and sat down at the corner desk. "Hi," Jyugal whispered. I smiled at him. He read the book over my shoulder for a while until the other boys walked in. I waved to them. "Tu itni jaldi kaise aa gaya?" Sid asked. "Shortcut," Jyugal shrugged. They playfully glared at him. I chuckled. "Kaam karein?" I asked, focusing. They nodded. I opened my notebook and wrote the name of the monument on top. "Okay, how are we going to split it?" Jyugal asked. "Who has the best handwriting?" Hardil asked. Everyone looked at me. "What?" I asked. "See, hum kaam saara split karenge. Like, introduction, history, conclusion, blah. Then, all of us will edit. You will write it," Jyugal said. I nodded.

"Ufff!! 3 ghante ho gaye," I groaned as we left the library. "How did we get so much done?" Hardil asked. "Because Mustang didn't let us talk crap. So, thank you, Mustang," Jyugal smiled. I giggled. They hugged me, tightly. I chuckled. "Chalo, I'm leaving," I said. "Yaar, tu humesha jaldi chali jaati hai. Walk with us," Darshan pouted. "That puppy face is not gonna work. I have homework and I am really tired," I laughed. It wasn't all a lie. They nodded.

Back Home...

I laid in my bed, crying. Well, again. After another round of beatings. The other kids were around this time. It was so humiliating. 

Darshan's POV:

"Did you her limping?" Hardil asked. "I did. Except, she told me that a chair fell on her legs," I replied. "But, still. I know she's hiding something," Sid urged. "She might be. Dude, we've known her only for 2 weeks. Bol degi, yaar," I assured. "But, what if it is something bad? Like, she is getting physically abused or something," Jyugal asked. Silence filled the room. "Don't talk bull," Hardil said. "What if? She has a new wound or bruises every day," Jyugal exclaimed. "Dekhte hai," I replied. 

2 Days Later...

I looked at Mishi limping and stumbling to her locker. "Mishi," I whispered, running up to her. She smiled at me. "Kya ho gaya?" I asked. "I fell. Again," she said. I held her hand because she was stumbling. Stares turned into whispers. "Mishi, are you hiding something?" I asked. "Darshi," she whispered. I didn't push. We walked to class and she sat down, sighing. 

"Mustang, tu theek hai?" Sid asked as he sat in front of us during recess. Mishi nodded. 

Mishika's POV:

I hated lying to them. The fear of them not liking me after they find out that I'm an orphan scared me. They were so trusting and I was already breaking their trust. "Mishi?" Darshan said, poking me. I looked at him. "Kahan?" He asked. I shook my head. I need to tell them. As soon as possible. I can't live a lie.

Back Home...

I limped around my room, thinking. I sat down on my bed and sighed. I pulled out the report writing thing and started working. I had nothing better to do. 

I worried and worried. I had another cut on my leg. They would find out. I couldn't deal with that. I needed to tell them. Face-to-face. It was going to be so hard to tell them that I'd been lying to them. 

A/N: Short chapter, I know. I will make it up to you. 2 chapters tomorrow. BTW, should I let her lying carry on or add some drama and let the boys know??