XII. Crying

Mishika's POV:

I ran through the maze of people, freaking out. My painting was in my hand with a ribbon on it. I spotted the boys on our usual table in the cafeteria. "GUYS!!" I yelled. "Kaun hai be?" Hardil asked, turning around. I held up the painting. "1st position!!? Mustang!" Jyugal yelled, happily. They hugged me and I smiled. We sat down. Darshan was still talking to Archana and didn't even bother to look at me. I shrugged it off. "Abhi toh woh naya wala show dekh lete?" Sid asked. "I'm in!!" I said, high-fiving him. "Chal, ghar chalein?" He asked. We got up. "Darshan!" Jyugal snapped, smacking his head. "Chalein?" He asked. Darshan nodded and we left. 

"You get to keep the painting?" Hardil asked. "Yes," I shrugged. "Save the ribbon also," Jyugal ordered. I nodded. We walked home and I hugged Auntie. She kissed my head and I giggled. I walked to my bedroom and put the painting away. "She stays in your room?" Archana asked Darshan. He nodded. "Where should I hang?" She asked. I didn't bother to talk until Darshan asked me to move to the guest room? "Aww, thanks, D!!" Archana cooed and kissed Darshan's cheek. I quietly grabbed my things and went to the guest room. "Why are you going to the guest room?" Auntie asked. "Darshan wants to stay with Archana. He asked me to go to the guest room," I replied. "He's been acting weird," she said as we walked to the guest room. "What's Archana like?" She asked. "She thinks I am rude. She doesn't believe in shyness. She is perfect. Not all over the place like I am. You know," I replied, setting my stuff up. "Hey, don't think that. You're perfect too," Auntie said as we sat down on the bed. "I'm not," I mumbled. "You are. I like kids who are all over the place. It's good. You know what your doing, have many interests. It isn't wrong to be a little messy," she explained. I looked at her. She was being the mom I never had. Tears filled my eyes. "Oh, sweetie," she mumbled, hugging me. I hesitantly hugged her back. "It's okay," she shushed, rocking me back and forth. I smiled. I felt so loved. "Okay, I am going to go make food. Sleep. You will feel better," Auntie ordered. I smiled.

Darshan's POV:

Archan and I walked downstairs for dinner. Mishi was sitting there with the boys, laughing about something. "I like Hatter. He's adorable," she cooed. "I know. I love that scene where he does that dance," Hardil said. "Futterwacken!!" The others cheered and Mishi giggled. "No, seriously though, that is complicated," she exaggerated. "What are they talking about?" Archana mumbled to me. I shrugged. "Oh, hi, Darshan!!" Jyugal cheered. "What are you talking about?" Archana asked. "Alice in Wonderland, duh," Hardil said. Ma served dinner and kissed everyone's heads but Archana's. "Ooh, and I was right about Absolem. You owe me, Sid," Jyugal said. Mishi giggled. Sid pouted. 

"Hey, we're leaving," Jyugal said. "Fairfarren," Mishi said, hugging them. "Fairfarren," they smiled and waved. She giggled and walked in. "What does that mean?" Archana asked. "Good Journeying in Scottish. Or goodbye," Mishi said. "Good night," she smiled. She was hurt.

Mishika's POV:

I broke down. I laid on the floor, weeping and coughing. This hadn't happened in weeks. I sobbed and sobbed until someone knocked. Uncle. I wiped my tears away and let him in. "Sweetie, here," he said, handing me a box. "What is this?" I asked. "You won the competition," he smiled. I gave him a small smile and opened it. It held a necklace with a small paintbrush pendant on it. I smiled and hugged him around his waist. "Thank you. This means a lot," I mumbled. He kissed my head.

Darshan's POV:

Archana was telling me stories from her childhood. She was so much fun. Someone knocked. Mishika. "What?" I asked. "I forgot something," she said. I let her in and she grabbed her photo frame before leaving. I shrugged and went back towards Archana. "Darshan, um, can we... can we go out on a date? I really like you," she mumbled. I looked at her. She bit her lip. I nodded and she hugged me. I smiled. 

Mishika's POV:

I heard about the date and broke down. I ran to my room and slumped onto the floor. I cried so hard, I couldn't breathe. He really liked her. I shouldn't be so negative. I decided that I would support him on his journey with Archana. I would be happy for him. After all, he's my best friend. 

A/N: Okay, that just happened. Umm... *sprints away*