XXII. Happy New Year

Mishika's POV:

I was standing on the ladder tying up the banner. Darshan was standing behind me. "Ho gaya," I sang and jumped. I landed right on top of Darshi. "Ow, Mishi," he pouted. I giggled and kissed his cheek. He giggled and I got up. "The house looks great!!" I cheered, hugging him. He pressed his cheek to mine. We were having a party for the New Year. Uncle and Auntie said yes as long as we cleaned up after. All of Darshan's bandmates and Meera and my painting friends. 18 people including us. "Chal, let's put the food out and then you can finally check the chocolates that you made," Darshan giggled. I smiled and we went to the kitchen. I set up the food board and smiled. Darshan hugged me and shook me. I giggled and we took it to the centre table.

"Your chocolates look beautiful!!" He smiled and I kissed his head

"Your chocolates look beautiful!!" He smiled and I kissed his head. The doorbell rang and the gang walked in. "Tum dono change nahi kiya? Gadho!!" Meera snapped. "Oh, crap," I muttered, running to the room. I got changed into my favourite romper (refer image). I'd never worn rompers because I had scars on my legs. But, they were all gone now. I walked outside and hugged Darshan. "You look so adorable!!" He smiled and kissed my hair. I smiled and we walked outside. "Mustang!!!" Meera yelled. "Marvel!!" I yelled back, giggling. We laughed and finished the last minute jobs. 

We were all laughing around and dancing. 'Janam Janam' played and everyone partnered up. I sat down. "Wanna dance?" Darshan asked, sticking his hand out. I looked up at him. He shrugged and I placed my hand in his.

Jyugal's POV:

I looked at Mishika and Darshan dancing around. They were so in love. "Yaar, I feel so single!! And they aren't even dating," Hardil mumbled. I laughed.

"Hey, let's watch a movie!!" Marvel yelled and all of us sat down. After a long argument, we decided on 'The Parent Trap'. Mustang placed her head on Darshan's chest and they cuddled up inside a blanket. So cute.

After the movie, we sat around talking and eating. "Hey, um, I am going to the balcony. Anyone wanna join me?" Darshan asked. "Can I?" Mishika asked. He nodded and took her hand. Oh Merlin, please confess.

Darshan's POV:

Mishi and I stood there, just holding hands and staring at the sky. I looked at her. She looked so peaceful and happy. "Um, Mishika?" I whispered. She looked at me. "I want to tell you something. Just don't stop talking to me after I tell you. Don't slap me and leave. I know that this is probably way too early. I know that it's only been 6 months since we started talking and everything but..." I rambled until Mishi interrupted me. "Bol de," she whispered, softly. "I love you!!" I blurted out. Her eyes widened. "I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. You probably like someone else..." I mumbled until she wrapped her arms around my waist and laid her head on my chest. "I do love someone else. He is adorable," she stared and my heart sank. "He has such passionate eyes, such soft hair, a perfect smile and SUCH a good heart. He is really passionate about music and just as passionate about sleeping. He loves sleeping. Sometimes, he pulls me into his arms and we fall asleep like that. He is so cuddly and huggable. He was my very first friend. Ever. He saved me from the abusive foster home. A few weeks ago, he kissed me and I felt so damn loved. And he thinks I love someone else? For some stupid reason. I never thought he'd love me back. But, he does," she smiled and then buried her face into my chest. I looked at her. She looked up at me. "Me?" I asked, my voice cracking. She nodded, placing her head on my shoulder. She looked into my eyes and I wrapped my arms around her waist. Everyone else walked outside, cheering. Mishi let go. "10, 9, 8..." Everyone yelled and Mishi and I leaned in. She closed her eyes. "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!" Everyone yelled and Meera hugged Mishi. We turned away. We hugged everyone and smiled. 

Later...

Mishi was still on the balcony. I walked outside and wrapped my arms around her waist. "What's wrong?" I whispered. "Can we redo the New Year's kiss?" She whispered. I smiled and she turned around. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I hugged her around her waist. "10," I whispered. "9," she whispered back.

"8,"

"7,"

"6,"

"5,"

"4,"

"3,"

"2,"

"1," she whispered. "Can I kiss you?" I asked and she pressed her lips to mine. I cupped her face. The kiss was so warm. She pulled me close and kissed me like it was the only thing worth living for. She pulled away and sighed. "I love you," she said."Love you, too," I whispered, pulling her cheeks. She giggled and kissed my nose before running off. "Mishi!" I called, walking to her. She looked at me. I pointed to my lips. She shook her head and pecked my lips before going back to the kitchen. 

Mishi walked out in a cat onesie and launched herself onto the bed. I chuckled and kissed her head, before walking to the closet. 

I laid next to Mishi and she rolled into my arms. I kissed her forehead and she giggled. "Darshi," she mumbled. I looked at her. She pulled me closer and kissed me. 

Mishika's POV:

Our lips moulded together perfectly. His lips were so soft and tasted fruity. I pulled away and buried myself into his chest, falling asleep right in his arms.

A/N: *excited shrieking and mad jumping* YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!