Chapter 02

Please follow @beeyotchupdated on twitter for real time tweet if any story got updated. Thank you. 

#NY02 Chapter 02

Sammie wanted to go with Sean. It was Sunday. It was okay. She's with me the entire week... Weekends are with Sean. Although I miss Sammie on the weekends. I still work on weekdays and she goes to school on weekdays, and when she's at home, she's doing assignment or sometimes, she falls asleep because she's too tired. Or I fall asleep because I'm too tired.

Sometimes, I wanted the weekend, too.

"Where's Sammie?" Mom asked.

"With Sean," I replied. I groaned when I saw her grinning at me. "Can we please drop it? For life? It's not gonna happen, Mom."

If only she'd actually listen to the words that come out of my mouth.

"What? There's nothing wrong with hoping," she said, smiling at me.

"Just don't get your hopes up. It's not gonna happen," I repeated before I headed to my room. I was looking forward to eating, but I'd rather starve in my room than to entertain questions from my mom regarding Sean and how we'd 'continue' our love story.

It was far from a love story.

We were friends...

Then we were more than friends...

But never love.

That was clear to me.

Maybe that was why it was so easy for me to take a step back... because even when we got married, even when we got Sammie, it had always been clear to me that when it came to love, for Sean, it was only Isobel.

And I wasn't blind.

Nor stupid.

I knew Sean for a long time... Saw him with other women... But he was never like that with them.

Only with her.

That was why he married her so quickly.

Because sometimes, you just know.

But also, sometimes, things don't work out.

And you just have to live with that and move forward.

That's life... it sometimes sucks.

* * *

I fell asleep while I was reading. When I woke up, I was about to go to Sammie's room to check up on her when I heard her voice from downstairs. She was having a rather lively discussion with my parents. I heard her talking about how she and her daddy went to the mall and how her daddy bought her new books.

Sean's a great father, no doubt about that.

He deserved all the weekends.

I took a bath and prepared. Then I went downstairs and saw that Sammie's already ready for school.

"Good morning, mommy!" she greeted with a full smile on her face.

"Good morning," I replied, smiling.

I joined the breakfast. The main point of discussion that morning was what happened during the family day and what happened in the mall and how excited Sammie was to finish all the books her daddy bought her.

"I'll just brush my teeth!" Sammie said, running back to her room. I stayed and finished my coffee. I only want coffee for breakfast.

"It's Sean's birthday next week," Mom said.