Sixteen

*Jack's POV*

I land gently on Jamie's windowsill, steadying (Y/N) as she wobbles slightly before getting her balance.

"Guess that makes us even," she grumbles, surreptitiously smoothing down her hair.

"Yeah," I laugh, leaning forwards to get a better look into the kid's room.

"Here's what's gonna happen," he says, leaning forwards and addressing a stuffed rabbit on his bed, "if you are real, then you have to prove it. Like, right now." The bunny stares at him, unmoving.

"Move over," (Y/N) hisses, leaning over me to get a better look. Even though we're all ok now, her closeness, her touch, her hair brushing my face still makes my stomach do flips.

"I believed in you for a long time, ok?" Jamie continues, "Like, my whole life in fact. So you kind of owe me now. You don't have to do much, just a little sign so I know. Anything, anything at all." There's silence, then he drops the rabbit. "I knew it."

In a flash, (Y/N) is gone from my side and is standing next to Jamie, her shape wavering around the edges like it does when she's stressed or angry. She frantically looks around the room, then meets my eyes.

"We have to do something," she says, "Jack he's the last one."

"I know," I say, hopping through the window to join her. I think for a moment, then reach out a hand, frost blooming over the window. Carefully, I draw the shape of an easter egg in it.

"He's real!" Jamie gasps, staring as the frost creeps further up and I draw the shape of a rabbit.

"Genius," (Y/N) breathes, smiling. She's lit up like a lantern, her hair floating around her head like she's underwater, a warm golden light pouring from her body. She's quite literally glowing with happiness.

"Hold on," I say, concentrating on the bunny. It shimmers, then hops into 3D and scampers over my shoulder, leaping around the room and leaving a trail of glittering frost behind it.

(Y/N) and Jamie both laugh as the bunny runs up though the air, then explodes into a puff of snowflakes. Still smiling, she crosses the room and places a kiss on my cheek.

I'm about to say something to her when my attention is caught by Jamie.

"Jack Frost," he whispers, staring around at the snow.

"Did he just say...?" I hardly dare to hope.

"Jack Frost?" Jamie says again, louder this time.

"He said it again!" (Y/N) whisper-shouts, grabbing my arm.

"He said... you said..."

"Jack Frost!" Jamie gasps, staring right at me.

"That's right! That's me!" I can barely believe it, he's seeing me. He's looking right at me, saying my name. "B-but that's me, Jack Frost! That's my name! You said my name!"

Jamie just stares, his mouth hanging open.

"Wait," I ask, "can you hear me?"

He nods, a slow smile creeping over his face.

"Can you... can you see me?"

Again, Jamie nods.

"He sees me!" I shout, backflipping onto the dresser behind me. "(Y/N), he sees me!"

"This is amazing!" she smiles, her eyes shining.

"Who's (Y/N)?" Jamie asks, staring at the spot where she is.