Prologue: Jobless Wednesdays and vampire missions.

"What's got you all cheery on a sunny afternoon?" Asked Isabelle suspiciously as she and Alec seated themselves on the armchairs to Rhea's left.

"Is it necessary that something has to happen for me to be happy? Can't one just simply admire the nature on a beautiful afternoon such as this one?" Rhea countered. 

They looked at her expectantly. 

She scowled at the siblings, and sighed dramatically. "Fine, if you want to know the reason...I have a holiday today" She said with a smile.

"Congratulations, Rhea. When's the party?" Alec said, sarcastically.

"Excuse us, but its not common for us to have days with no work that we spend drinking cocktails with our husbands." Isabelle said.

"So, get married. Did anyone stop you? Oh wait, you can't get married 'cause your boyfriend's on the other side of the Earth and probably currently turning gay for my parabatai. I pity you, sister." Said Alec.

"You know, you only came to know Magnus because of me. You should be thankful to Raziel that your sister is my parabatai." Just as Rhea stopped talking, Isabelle yelped.

They looked to where Isabelle was staring to see a huge paper screen on fire in mid-air. However, the paper was not affected at all and as the fires died down the things on the paper became clear.

At the top of the paper it was written:

"To: Rhea Adele Morgenstern"

Then an asian lady with long black hair, pinned at the back with a hair clutch and a light caramel skin tone appeared on the paper.

She began "Rhea Adele Morgenstern, I would like to inform you that yo-" Rhea cut her off.

"The person you are trying to contact is currently unavailable. Please try again a month later." Rhea said.

"I'm sorry, Rhea. But you have to do this. It's very important." Jia said. Rhea shook her head vigorously. "Does it look like I care?" She asked.

Jia massaged her forehead, thinking. Then she looked up and said, "I'll give you two months off after this." Rhea scoffed. 

"Keeping promises is not your forte. I get it. But if you can't keep them, then don't bother making them." Rhea said.

"Then who's going to do this?" Jia asked.

Rhea pointed at the Lightwood siblings and said, "Don't you see these two nutjobs in front of me? Give this to them."

"I can't. The Lightwoods are hosting the Praetor selections this time. And this mission will at most, take a year."

"Five years are over already?!?" Rhea asked.

"Four." Isabelle corrected. "So you better get your ass up and take it to Consul's office." she said smugly. Rhea turned her head towards Jia. The Consul gave her an encouraging smile.

"I'm telling you woman, if I don't get my two-month vacation then you're getting your head chopped off." Rhea threatened.

Rhea left the place and made her way to the city gates. She entered the city, walked towards the wall of one of the shops that were closed and made a portal for the Consul's office which she entered after looking sideways.