𝟬𝟮 - Daily Prophet

Y/N Y/L/N -

You look up to Eleanor handing you a paper.

"What is this?" You ask lowly.

"Read it, it's the daily prophet." Eleanor replies.

Eleanor has known you've been on the edge ever since Tom has been gone.

Nicholas didn't come out of his dorm, he stays in Tom's bedroom all the time reading his past  journals, he only comes out to eat once in awhile which is rarely, he was in a terrible place, smoking weed and drinking whiskey non-stop, dry blood and bruises on his knuckles from punching glass and walls, when he did come around you noticed the stained tears on his face.

Besides that... you took the paper from Eleanor's hand and read it.

DAILY PROPHET - MARCH 31st, 1945
19 year old Tom Marvolo Riddle found and seen alive at Wool's Orphanage, the boy claims he woke up on a field and walked for hours to get where he was, he had bruises and dirt on his face, and dried blood on the back of his shirt. The boy continues to ask how is he alive after being stabbed in the back with a dagger. The boy is safe and well, and will be returning to Hogwarts as soon as possible, when the student returns... please remember to remain a distance away as the student is still having trouble with being able to tell what is real and what isn't. Student will return 4/1/1945.

"Is this re-"

"Of course it's real Y/n, I wouldn't joke to you about something like that." Eleanor cut you off.

"I need to talk to Nick." You say, getting up from the table and going to his dorm.

AT THE DORM -

The door was locked, you used your wand since your magic has been a little sketchy lately.

"Alohomora." You whispered, hearing the door click and open.

You open the door walking in, seeing Nick on the couch smoking weed, a cloud of smoke around him.

"Nick, not a great time to be stoned." You murmured.

"What do you want Y/l/n, I'm busy." He scoffed.

"Read this." You demanded, handing him the paper.

He took it and his eyes scanned the paper, reading every word.

"That can't be real, I saw his body, you saw him in front of you, dead. His heart wasn't beating, he didn't have a pulse I-"

"Nick, I know. But it's real, he's alive and he's going to be here tomorrow." I cut him off.

He shook his head and sudden tears begin filling his eyes, "I swear if you're lying to me Y/n."

"I wouldn't lie to you Nick."

He nodded.

"You know Tom doesn't like when you smoke neither drink." You laugh.

He didn't respond.

You turned around and began to leave, but his sudden works stopped you.

"You know I fucking hated you, I hated you so much and I hated you more when Tom died. You trusted the fucking enemy, you kissed the enemy, you only cared when Tom died, nothing else. Why did you trust him over me? Why did you trust him over Tom, and then I thought about it, me and Tom only argued over you, he said he loved you and I was going to do the same, and then you fucked Tom over with me, and then you fucked me over with him, you ruined most of our relationship, and I hate you for it, and I won't stop hating you for it. I fucking hate you to death and it should've been you dead instead of my brother, I wish I never met you, I wish I never laid my eyes on you, I wish I never kissed or touched you. The only reason I would be around you is because he wanted to protect you from that stupid fucking bastard Elijah, and you didn't listen. It's your fault he's dead, and if he is still alive and if he is coming back tomorrow I hope he doesn't even lay eyes on you. You are a selfish fucking bastard, and you deserve nothing." Nick spat, standing up now in front of you.

A tear rolled down your cheek as you quickly wiped it away, you turned around and left his dorm, slamming the door behind you.

You ran back to your dorm closing the door behind and flopping down on your bed, thinking about everything Nick said.

Tears fell from your eyes, you've never been much of a crier, but his words hurt, a lot.

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════
lmk what you think about this chapter!!