10 Years Later

WARNING : THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SCIENTIFIC EXPERIMENTS AND MENTIONING OF SELF-HARM!!

Rebecca woke up to the sound of her roommates' screams. She had gotten used to it by now: the cellar, the tests and the screams. This was her life now.

10 years ago she had an accident in the school toilets and on that day she was brought here. She still didn't know fully what or where this place was. But what she did know was that they had lied. When she was in between consciousness and unconsciousness, they had reassured he that everything was going to be alright. That they would take her in to find a cure for what she had.

The first few weeks had been hard. She now regrets having told them about everything: the incident and the face masks.

She knew that they weren't there to help her find a cure but to take her blood and do experiments. You could think of her as a lab rat. A scientists little toy.

From time to time, the military would come in to look at her blood. She suspected that they were here to find out everything about the inflation and potentially use it as a military weapon.

She didn't like being used.

10 years had passed, she had sometimes considered death but the scientists made that impossible.

" You will die, when we want you to die! " They said.

And now her life continues, as she rues the day she missed..!