Chapter 26

BELLA'S POV

"Right, are you ready ?", he asked sitting on the couch.

It's not like l have a choice, "Yeah shoot", l tell him.

He continuously runs his hands through his hair , "Your dad is back", he bluntly tells me.

I laugh, "Nice joke", he can't possibly be serious my dad left me a long time ago , he left us like we meant nothing to him , he wouldn't come back I bet he even forgot about us.

He shakes his head, he looks at me with dark eyes, cold as ever, l don't think I've ever seen him like that , "You are joking right?"

"Why would l joke about this Bella , he's back l promise you",he says.

"Then why does it matter??", l ask standing up from my eyes getting frustrated each second.

He stands too, "Because he's the enemy Bella he's out to get me and he wants you back"

I was confused, I don't get it , " Why??? I don't understand? What do you mean he's the enemy Leo I don't get it?", l say as my voice cracks.

"Listen , sit", is he insane? How do l sit when I'm getting such news.

"Trust me just sit", l sit.

He sighs, " So 2 years ago when my father was still alive he was friends with your dad , the biggest pals ever, about that I'll tell you later on right now the focus is on you , your dad is the real leader of the Russian mafia , you remember the idiot that kidnapped you he was a acting leader since he left him to handle things and he left to deal with his other businesses so he assigned him to kidnap you and bring you to him, he has been planning this for a very long time the reason it took him so much time is because I've been protecting you for a very long time, meaning Eli and James had to be here all the time"

It took me so much time to process all this , " He is the leader of what now?????", l ask so unbelievably shocked and hurt too, the fact that this man is involved in so many illegal businesses and he had left his family for that.

Clearly we meant absolutely nothing to him, "Then why the fuck does he want me back?", tears stain my cheeks.

Leo stands heading towards me , " Fuck!...he...sigh he wants to sell you",he tells me , he immediately wraps his large arms around me as tight as he could.

Pain shot up my heart like fire, it made me dizzy so dizzy it made me reel , tears fell incredibly fast on the floor , the pain felt like a knife being dipped in alcohol and jammed right into my heart.

When I thought the pain was at it's worst , it dissipated, like fog off some terrible lake, l continue weeping as my head starts hurting.

Memory.

"Daddy daddy look how fast l can run", little 6 year old me says.

My dad chases after me , " Wow princess you are incredibly fast , so slow down , slow down daddy is really tired come on", he tells me with the biggest smile on his face.

I pout, "But daddy I wanna play", l say.

"I promise we'll play you have to eat okay?princesses who can run eat first and get energy so that they can continue running yeah?",he tells me holding my hand as we head to our little picnic spot where mommy is sitting smiling brightly at us.

She looked so beautiful and full of life , "Are you two done playing?"

I shake my head no, "Daddy said I have to eat first before I continue playing", l tell mommy with a pout.

My mom smiled and held my hand, "Daddy is right angel, you have to get something in that little tummy first",she tells me and tickles me ,  I start laughing so hard , I sit joining my mom.

"Okay okay fine, daddy it doesn't mean you won though, you only told me to stop because you knew I was going to win and get the prize mommy promised", l told him.

His eyes widen, "Never, I would never do that to you", he said playing with my cheeks.

"I love you my pumpkin", he said to me playing with my two ponytails.

"I love you too daddy , promise we'll stay together forever"

He smiles , his eyes bright with so much happiness, "I promise pumpi",he tells me.

"Pinky promise, pinky promise", I said stretching my arms out and using my last little finger to be twisted around with daddy's finger.

"Pinky promise",he said.

End.

Where did we go wrong? What have l done to ever deserve this?, I can't believe this man is here and he is actually my father.

Leo hasn't let go of me yet, he is still holding me so tight, I don't want him to leave , "Please don't leave me"

"I wasn't planning on leaving amor cry as much as you need I'm here",he tells me.

This was so much for me to take in , the fact that Leo knew me before I even knew him, and that he has been around for this long and I haven't noticed anything shocks me.

"Why did you decide on protecting me , I mean you don't even know me , why do you care", l ask with tears stained on my cheeks.

Leo looks at me , our eyes lock for a second , he caresses my cheeks and wipes my tears with his thumb , " Because you don't deserve shit like that , it would kill me if I didn't help you when I knew that l could have done something to save you from this regardless of who you are ,because I never got that kind of saving, the only reason I'm breathing is Elena nothing else",he tells me his voice breaking.

There are so many emotions right now , it's overwhelming my heart clenches for him , l wonder what happened to him in his past , l won't ask him now maybe he will tell me when he is ready.

My heart😭💔
Please don't forget to vote and comment.

Xoxo.❤️