chapter 1

My name is Annabella fells. I'm 17. I love being 17. I have a boyfriend who i'm crazy about, Frederick and a best friend who is crazy, Arestiae. Yesterday, I found out she's a witch. How else can i explain how she turned herself into a puppy. haha Gotya, just kidding. We simply just found an old witch book in the attic at her house. By we, i mean Me, Ari and Fred. Why have we jumped into conclusions just by finding an old (assumably witch) book? That's kind of complicated.

I'm just a normal girl. Nothing unique or special about me. My mom says i'm special, but isn't that what all mothers say to their daughters and oh i forgot, i have good vocals. I sing like an Angel (I'm being sarcastic here). In fact, that's what i'm doing now. I'm singing my all time favorite, "made for you" by taylor higgins. You don't know her, trust me. I'm also tidying up my room so I'll make my mom happy. I need some money and knowing my mum, she always needs some incentive. I also made her soap. Soap making is one of my sad talents. Why couldn't i get some of the nice ones, like Ari's! Oh her voice, or her looks. Well at least she's my best friend and my soaps are adorable. It's taken me the total of two and a half minutes to stuff all my clothes in my wardrobe. That's my lazy idea of a tidied room. I'll deal with my wardrobe later. later. later.

Ahhh! I still have to milk the cows and pick up the eggs before the grocery keeper get's here. We have three cows Fran, Ruby and Jacob. Father and daughters. Fran and ruby's mom died. Old Nellie. We all miss her. Yuck!! ruby just squirted milk on me! i have to change into something else. I have to be at Ari's on time so we can have enough time to look in the book we found in the attic the other day. I wish mom and dad would just borrow a local hand to help with the farm work. Sure dad can afford it. He has just two mouths to feed and a large farm to himself. If only his brother wasn't such a leech, we'd even have a better house. I hate Uncle Aaron.

"Penny for your thought's Anne." I was startled, I turned my back to the most handsome boy i know. He always looked so handsome. Took my breath away with those eyes. "Frederick!" I cried out loud. "What are you doing here?"  He walked over to Fran and started to milk her. "Ari sent me, she said you might need some help." He paid me no heed as I sat down on the small stool beside me.

"God I love Ari. I do need help, serious help."

"Yeah i can tell. You should probably clean up so we can leave as soon as I'm done."

I smiled. My knight in shining armor. How can i be so much in love with a person. Anymore love and my heart would bust.

"Thanks Frederick. Uhh I'll just be a while then ." I managed to say before i dashed into the house.

"I see somebody is handing over her duties again." My mom said to me right before i made for the back door. She was sitting on the basket chair on the back porch. I must have missed her.

"Oh come on, mom. As long as it's getting done, it doesn't matter who is doing it."  I knew she wouldn't take that for an answer but i had to try.

"Well then, i guess you're not so keen on that money you've been asking for."

"Mooommmm! I even made you soap. Please don't be mean." I pleaded with my mom. I was so worried she might say no but like dad would always say, mum could never resist my charms

"You did, didn't you? I suppose that's a bribe of some kind." Another thing you couldn't do to my mom other than skip her allocated duties was trick her. I was at a loss for words. It didn't really matter what i would say, my mum's mind was already made up. I could only hope her decision was in my favour. The urge to open the book again was consuming me and I just wanted to be done and ready to leave

"I'll let you off this one time. Don't you try bribing me again, young lady. Oh but darling, I love the soap you made. it's lovely. The scent.... it must be the rosemary leaves" Sweet momma, i love her. I was in and dashing for my room when i answered "Not rosemary, it's lavender." I opened my wardrobe, it was what one would define a hot mess. I sat down and took a view of my room. It was so ordinary, so plain, so me. I hated my blinds. They used to be my grandmother's when she lived here. Her name was Esther, I never met her but i will never forget the story behind her mysterious death. The bed used to be hers also. All of the house was hers in fact. Passed down from generation to generation. Sometimes the house made me sick. Thanks to Uncle Aaron, buying a new house is way to large to fit into our budget. "Yikes! Frederick is calling for me." I looked at my watch! Thirty minutes gone. I jumped off my bed, pulled off my blouse and threw it on the old carpet that took up about half of my floor space. Old and hideous carpet. I put on a huge t-shirt. No milk on my jeans. No need to change them.

I met Frederick sitting on the steps that led up to the porch. He was talking to my mom while she knitted. "Hey, I'm done we should leave now." I cut their conversation short. Frederick stood up and gestured at my mom. "Nice seeing you maam."

"You too Freddy, say hi to your mom for me, will you?" "I will" Frederick said as i pulled him to his car. "Anne! Who's gonna attend to harry when he gets here?"

"Bye mom" I shouted without looking back. "I'll be back soon."

Our grocery man was going to have to help himself out in the meanwhile.