Chapter nine

We arrived at Ari's house by 4:32 pm. I was so excited. The skies suddenly started to appear dark, like it was going to rain. The atmosphere felt weird and I swear I could hear voices. Daithi. That name was as clear as the skies were not. I was even more excited. We went in through the front door. Ari's mom had visitors, really weird visitors. An old woman who I got the feeling was blind and a young boy who had a creepy smile. I felt scared, really scared. I didn't know why but the fear crept up to my neck. Ari also stood frozen in her spot, staring at the old woman. Ari's mom didn't hear us come in, she was seated with her back to us. Suddenly the little boy stood up and whispered in the old woman's ears. Ari looked at me. "Hello, girls. Please come closer. Let me see you." The old woman said. I shuddered. Ari's mom turned back to smile at us and nodded her head which was her way of telling us to do what we were asked. I remained in my spot. Ari took the first step, she had my hand in hers and pulled me along. We moved closer to the old woman. She took Ari's hands and said "Ahh. You were right." Seemingly to Ari's mom. Ari pulled out her hands all of a sudden. I noticed a spark just before she pulled out her hands. She seemed puzzled and quiet. She didn't say anything. Next the old woman took my hands and held them tight then she smiled and said "Blessed art thou amongst women, for you have found favor in the eyes of the great ones" I looked at her and she looked back at me. There was something familiar about those words. They reminded me of something I had heard in church. We were looking into each others eyes. And it was in that moment i realized that she was not one bit blind. Her eyes looked like they had seen and could see the supernatural. Things my ordinary eyes would never see. Suddenly, I heard a voice scream out a name in my head and pulled my hand out in reflex. "Daithi!!" I looked around to be sure I wasn't the only one who had heard that. I was. Then I asked, "Are you Daithi?" The old woman laughed an evil laugh and then replied. "No, I'm not but it seems her time has come and it's too late to change the order. A choice must be made and it must be made soon. Lest she wreak havoc." I looked at Ari. I'm sorry girls, but it is not my place to tell you these things. I must take away these memories. I was confused at first then I realized what was about to happen. I felt frozen in place. And then.......

We arrive at Ari's house by 4:32 pm. I was so excited. The skies were clear and it seemed a good day to go through the book. We went in through the front door. Ari's mom wasn't home. We headed straight for the kitchen. We were so happy to eat good food again. Some delicious home made lasagna. We took a six pack ginger beer from the fridge and headed for the shed.

We pushed the door open together as we talked on and on about Andrew and Harris and how cute we thought they were, how snobbish Harris was even though Ari kept insisting he was just shy and how funny it was when ugly perry fell and broke her braces, like could she get any uglier.

"It was so funny, and then she looked so brave at first, but all of a sudden she started to cry." Ari said demonstrating. We burst into laughter. We turned on the light and set down the table. I backed the door. Ari faced it.

"No offence, I just think you get to a certain age when you no longer cry at school, even if Harris Keller wouldn't look at you just once." I said

"Awwwn Anna, you're so cute right now. Just don't forget you've already found your 'soul mate" Ari answered

"Yeah, about that, I've been thinking about it and maybe he isn't my soul mate." I said.

"Yeah and maybe Humans lay eggs." Ari said holding her breadth. We started laughing again. One of our classmates Lovette had asked our teacher in biology class if humans could lay eggs (She really wasn't sure). We all burst out laughing and right now it was funny all over again

"Seriously, Ari. I don't think he feels the same way or maybe this is one of those situations where you don't end up with your soul mate even if he's there staring at you in the face." I said