One shot 15

Ginny put her quill down and stared at Harry. He and Ron were sitting by the fire, occupying the best chairs in the common room, doing their homework.

Ginny couldn't understand what was going on these days. Yes, she and Harry had got to know each other quite well over the years and respected each other. This made Ginny very happy, not to mention the fact that he didn't treat her like Ron's little sister but like a real person. However, Ginny noticed, over the last few weeks that he'd been talking to her more than once a day and when he didn't realise it she saw him looking at her, but on the off chance he did realise she'd caught him staring he'd blush and look away.

"Something catch your fancy?" Hermione asked as she sat down at Ginny's table.

Ginny ignored this. "I'm confused Hermione." She said without taking her eyes off of Harry.

"About what?" Hermione asked

"Harry." Said Ginny quietly

"I thought you'd moved on?" asked Hermione, now looking at Harry too.

"I have. It's just he seems to be noticing me." Ginny turned to look at Hermione who was still watching Harry.

"Umm, he's never exactly ignored you, Ginny." Replied Hermione

"No, I know that. I mean, he's spending a lot more time with me and talking to me so much more."

"You complaining?" Hermione asked, finally looking at Ginny again.

"No!" yelped Ginny, slightly shocked

"Then, what's the problem?"

"There is no problem. It's just confusing."

"Well," said Hermione hesitantly "Maybe his feelings aren't older-brotherly anymore."

Ginny snorted, "Please Hermione, Harry isn't interested in me."

"You said it yourself. He's spending loads of time with you."

"You think he may have a crush on me?" Ginny asked as her eyes lit up a bit.

Hermione shrugged but the smile on her face screamed YES.

Hermione looked at Harry, who was now watching them, just as Dean, who had patched things up with Ginny, came over to say goodnight to Ginny. After a few words were said between them Dean bent down and kissed Ginny. Harry, Hermione saw, slammed his book closed, making Ron jump, threw a dirty look in the direction of Ginny, Dean and Hermione, and stormed off to his dorm.

Ginny pulled away from Dean just in time to see Harry thunder up the stairs. She looked at Hermione who, once again, shrugged and smiled before walking off to sit with Ron.

Just my luck, Ginny thought bitterly, just when I start to move on Harry decides to jump on board.